Run : Chapter 19

Beth's POV

Awaken by the sudden stop, I saw Jake smiling at me.

"What?" I asked in a tired voice.

"You." He said.

I rolled my eyes and hopped out of the truck after grabbing Jackie. Looking around, I saw a few people just walking around some buildings which I'm guessing are stores.

"Beth, over here." Jake said getting my attention.

I followed him into a house.

"Hey, is that the future luna?" A man asked sitting on the sofa.

"Yep." Jake answered and grabbed my hand.

Smiling at Jake, the man got up from his sofa.

"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Dennis. The beta." He introduced himself as he held out his hand.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Beth." I introduced myself as I shook his hand.

Jake looked a little peturbed by the man holding my hand. I rolled my eyes and took my hand back replacing it with Jake's.

"Where is my father?" Jake asked Dennis.

"He is upstairs." Dennis answered pointing up.

Jake nodded his head at Dennis and went up the stairs. The stairs were not too long so I followed him up. Holding onto the rail, Jake reached the top.

"Hey!" Jake exclaimed to an older man.

I'm guessing the man is his father so I smiled at him.

"And you are?" Jake's father asked politely.

"I'm Beth." I explained.

"Oh, I know about you. I'm Jake's father, Richard." Jake's father introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you." I answered and gave him a smile.

"You too." He simply answered.

Jake smiled at us getting along but butted in.

"So, Rhett... he is trying to kill Beth because she knows about him stabbing Jane." Jake explained to his father.

"Oh, don't worry about it. The pack is strong. He won't be able to." Jake's father reassured me.

"I know, that is why we came here." Jake replied.

His father gave him a slight smile and patted his arm.

"So, you're going to be announced as the new Alpha on Friday." Richard filled Jake in.

"Okay." Jake said comfortably.

It was Wednesday and Friday seems too close. I mean I love Fridays but wouldn't that be the same time I'm announced as luna??? That's a LOT of pressure.

"Thanks dad!" Jake thanked his father.

"No problem." He answered and walked away.

Jake turned to me and smiled waiting for any expression. The expression that showed was complete shock.

"What?" He asked confused.

"Luna on Friday?" I questioned him.

"Uh, yeah." Jake answered and grabbed my hands.

"Oh- okay." I exclaimed.

He gave a slight smile and led me down the hallway. Opening a door, I noticed a beautiful bed.

"Woah." I said wowed.

"Yeah, thought you would like it." He said giving a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and sat on the bed gently like it is a wobbly chair.