You are a What?!?! : Chapter 16

Beth's POV

Looking at the small window, it was positive. I was shocked even though the possibility was still high. I'm pregnant by my husband who let me be kidnapped and held hostage.

"Beth, are you okay?" Shaggy asked from the outside of the door.

"Oh, um. Yeah." I said as I shoved the test up my sleeve and opened the door.

He smiled at me and caressed my shoulder.

"Congrats." He said.

How did he know????

"What are you talking about?" I asked him fake confused.

"Your pregnant." He said.

"No, I'm not." I said denying it.

"Well-" He said before I cut him off.

"I'm not, hands down." I said back.

He was about to say something but I went to my room before he could. I sat in my room and thought of a baby. Realizing I had to call someone about it, I called Jane. She wouldn't make a HUGE deal about it.

Hey, Beth.
Hey, Jane.
What's up?
I need to tell you something very important but you cannot tell Jake or anyone else, no matter what.
Um, okay.
Okay, well I'm pregnant.
That's awesome. Wait, is it not Jake's?
No, no, no. It is.
Then why don't you tell him? He will be thrilled.
Well, it's complicated.
Are you going to get an abortion?
No.
Okay, then tell me.
I can't, it is for your safety.
What do you-

She was talking but knowing I couldn't keep the conversation going unless I told her, I hung up. I felt kind of bad for doing it but at least I told her I was pregnant. If she told anyone about the stabbing, Rhett would try to kill her too.

After thinking about the call, I thought of the posibility of Rhett finding out I'm pregnant. If he found out, he would want to kill me even more so Jake would be x2 as hurt.

"Beth, open the door." Blane said calmly.

I got up and opened the door.

"I'm sorry." He said once he opened the door.

My eyes softened at his apology.

"I just know you are." He said.

"How?" I asked him.

"Well, don't tell Jake I told you this, but I'm a werewolf." He said.

I started laughing knowing he has the BEST jokes.

"I'm serious." He said to me.

That really made me confused because I know that werewolves don't exist.

"Prove it." I said daring him knowing he had no way to prove anything since he is a liar.

"Fine. Close your eyes." He said.

I nodded and closed my eyes knowing I would open to find him in a ridiculous mask.

"Okay, open." He said.

Looking up at a tall brown wolf, I fell backwards to be caught by the wolf. This is unbelievable.

"No, no, no." I said backing out of his grasp and to the wall.

The wolf slowly walked towards me as I felt my back hit the wall.

"Impossible." I said hoping it was a hologram.

He shook his wolf head and grabbed my hands with his huge paws. The paws made my hands disappear.

I was beyond shocked and scared. Feeling my hand lifted, it was set on the brown cinnamon fur. He moved my hand making me stroke the fur. Then pulling back from me, he disappeared into the halway.

"What the hell just happened?" I mumbled to myself still having my back against the wall.

I came back from the wall and sat on my bed trying to process this all. Then Blane came back with some basketball shorts on with a red T-shirt.

"Told you." He said giving a grin.

"How?" I asked dumbfounded.

"I don't know." He said back.

"Why did you leave?" I asked him.

"Because when you shift back to human form, you are naked." He said to me.

"Oh." I said feeling embarrassed.

He smiled at me and put his hand on my knee.

"Do you want to be with me? Like a mate?" He said.

"What's a mate?" I asked him hoping it was a best friend... and only a friend.

"Someone who in the future has children with their mate. Kind of like the human's girlfriend." He said with a smirk of hope.

"Wait, who is your mate?" I asked him.

"You, if you accept." He said.

"But, if we are thinking logically, wouldn't Jake be my mate?" I asked Blane.

"Well, yes. You are mates with him but I lost my mate from cancer. She was also a human." He said looking down at his lap.

"I'm sorry." I said feeling bad for him.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and smiled.

"But, I'm pregnant with Jake's kid." I said knowing he knew anyways.

"I don't care. I will love the kid no matter what. We can have kids ourselves." He said getting a little too close.

"Blane, you said it yourself... Jake is my mate." I said knowing I love Jake still.

"Beth, he left you here with me. How could he leave his own mate?" He asked me.

"Well, it's for my safety." I said to him realizing I'm now agreeing with Jake.

"Your loss. It will always be on the table just come get it when you want it." He said unwrapping his arm and getting up.

He walked out of the room and I tried to process everything. I had to call Jake.

Beth?
Yeah.
Are you okay?
Uh, yeah. I guess.
Baby, What's wrong?
I just learned some crazy news.
And what is that?
Well, Blane is a werewolf.
No, he can't be.

I could tell he was lying.

Yes, I saw his wolf.
WHAT!?!?!?!

He sounded furious.

Yeah, it is a cinnamon brown.
Beth, I'm coming to get you.
Why?
Because I don't want you here with him alone.
Makes sense.
Why? Did he mate with you????
No, wanted to be.
I'm coming NOW.
Okay.
Love you. Be there soon.
Love you, bye.
Bye.

I hung up the phone and questioned why he asked if Blane and I mated. How would he know that is the term for it?

---------------
Please vote, comment, and follow.