Shaggy : Chapter 15

Beth's POV

Finally, after a day and a half driving, the man and I arrived at Maine.

"Okay, come on." He said motioning me out of the vehicle.

I went out of the vehicle and stepped on the wet grass. Walking in the grass, I looked over at the man. He had a emotionless look on his face. It's like he's a robot.

"In here." He said in a monotone voice.

I went inside the house and looked around. There was a spiral staircase and a large living room with a gray sectional in the middle facing a large flat screen TV.

"Woah." I said impressed since it looks better than my house.

He gave a smile which surprised me since he hasn't showed any other emotion but anger since I met him. His smile wasn't too big but a small smile. Smiling back at him, his blue eyes softened. This is weird...

"Well, your room is up there." He said not removing his glare from me.

I looked up the staircase and saw a door. Quickly, I ran up the spiral staircase and opened the door. A large bed was on the side of the room against the black wall. A nightstand next to the bed, had a photo in it. Picking it up, I saw a photo of my marriage. Jake was in his suit and I was in my dress. I felt a warm tear fall on my cheek. Wiping it, I laid the photo back down but I flipped it over so I didn't see it.

"Hey." The man said knocking on the door frame.

"Hey." I said back.

"So, do you like the room?" He asked me.

"Uh, yeah." I said giving a small smile.

"So, Beth." He said.

"Yeah?" I asked looking back at him.

"I'm sorry for kinda like kidnapping you." He said looking down at the floor.

"Okay, so what is my kidnapper's name?" I asked him smiling.

"Well, a kidnapper should never tell their identity." He said giving me a smirk.

"Well, what if I forgive you?" I asked raising my eyebrow at him.

"That would be a different story..." He said grinning.

"Well, I forgive you. What's your name?" I asked again.

"My name is Blane." He said with a nod.

I smiled and thought of the name.

"You know what?" I said to him with a big grin.

"What?" He asked.

"I'll just call you Shaggy." I said.

"Why?" He asked confused.

"Because you have Shaggy black hair." I said as I ran over and gave him a noogie.

"Hey!" He yelled and pulled me off and held me in his large hands.

I smiled at him and he rolled his eyes in response. He let me go and I ran out of my room and down the staircase.

"Damn, aren't you a handful!" He said as he slowly walked behind me on the staircase.

Keeping running, I finally reached the kitchen. As I looked around, I opened the refrigerator. There was fruit, vegetables, and some tofu in the bottom drawer.

"Hungry already?" Blane said as he walked behind me.

"You got a problem with that?" I asked him raising my eyebrow.

"Nope." He said as he sat on a stool.

I grabbed some grapes and sat on a stool opposite of him.

"So, how are you getting along with Jake?" Shaggy asked me.

"Well, what do you think?" I asked him.

He smiled at me and I plopped a grape in my mouth. As I chewed the grape in my mouth, there was a knock at the door. Blane got up and opened the door.

"Hello, would you be interested in buying any girl scout cookies?" A little girl asked the big bad Blane.

"I don't-" He said before I cut him off.

"Yes!" I yelled as I went behind him.

"What kind?" She asked me.

"Thin mints!" I said eagerly.

She handed me a box and I looked at Blane.

"Thanks." I said to the girl.

"Your total is four dollars." The girl said smiling.

"You want to get that?" I asked Blane and quickly ran to the kitchen.

I smiled when I saw Blane bring out his wallet and give the girl four dollars. He thanked the girl and closed the door.

"Beth!" He yelled.

"Yes?" I asked innocently.

"I believe you owe me four dollars." He said to me.

I put my hands on my hips and pouted.

"But I don't have any money." I said to him.

He rolled his eyes and went into the kitchen again. Smiling, I followed him and put the grapes away.

"You're gonna eat those now?" He asked me.

"Yes, you know how long I've waited for these?" I asked him.

"Nope." He said.

I would answer him but I had opened the package which made the smell linger in the air. Quickly, I shoved one in my mouth and enjoyed the thin mint.

"I'll be back. Don't touch them!" I said pointing to my thin mints.

He rolled his eyes and I walked to the bathroom. Once I was in, I had totally forgot to take the pregnancy test. I pulled it out of my coat pocket and opened the box. Pulling out the test, I read the directions. Instead of reading the long directions, all you need to know is to pee on it.

After taking the test, I have to wait five minutes. I let it sit on the counter and I washed my hands. As I waited, I thought of having a baby.

Finally, five minutes passed and I picked up the test. Looking at the small window, it was...

--------------
Please vote, comment, and follow.