Waiting Game :Chapter 8

WARNING: Watch for the POVs. They jump around.

Beth's POV

I woke up next to Jake and remembered Jane.

"Jake, come on. We need to go." I said to him as I got up to get ready.

He got up and grabbed some clothes. Once we were ready, we went down to the lobby and to the airport.

--------Arrived at Airport.

After arriving at the airport, we boarded our plane to head home.

"Are you okay?" Jake asked as I was holding my head thinking of Jane.

"No." I said sadly.

Jake pulled me as close as we could be in the uncomfortable plane seats.

"Beth, she will be okay." Jake said giving me a weak smile.

Flight attendants had looked around and made sure everything was set for the takeoff. After that, we took off.

"Jake?" I said.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"How did you catch me from that bed?" I asked curiously.

"I really don't know." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"Oh, okay." I said.

"Beth?" Jake said.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I have something I need to tell you." He said.

"What?" I asked nervously.

"I, uh." Jake said nervously.

"Jake, you can tell me anything." I said.

"M-my brother stabbed Jane." He said.

When I heard him speak those words, my jaw fell open.

"He told me yesterday that he tried to kidnap a girl... and he said he stabbed some older teenage girl when she stepped in... he fled the scene after he did. He didn't want caught." Jake said explaining it.

"No." I said.

"I'm sorry." Jake said rubbing my hand.

I was too shocked trying to take all of this in. His brother stabbed my sister. He didn't know that was my sister since he didn't go to the wedding.

"Where are you going?" Jake asked as I got up.

"The bathroom." I said as I walked into the aile.

Walking down the aile, I reached the bathroom and locked it.

Why did Rhett stab my sister?
Why Jane?

After thinking about Jane and how Rhett is a horrible person.

"How are you?" Jake asked when I came back.

"What do you think?" I asked.

He didn't answer but held my hand and we waited to land.

Jane's POV

I walked into the parking lot of Target when I parked my car. Looking around, I didn't see many people except a family, a man, and an elderly woman. While getting closer to the store, I heard a scream.

"Ahhhhhhh!!!!! Helpppp!!!!!!!" Someone screamed.

Looking at the people, I saw a child being taken a way from her mother. The mother ran to get her back but he put a knife to the child's head.

"Come any closer and she is dead." The man with a mask said.

Seeing his eyes, they were a hazel color. No other part of him was visible well in the dark. Running behind him, I tackled him and the girl scrambled out of his arms. That's when I felt a pain in my stomach.

"Owwwwwwww!!!!!!" I screamed in pain as I saw the man run to a van and screech off.

The mother and little girl came towards me.

"Oh my gosh. Are you okay?" The mother asks me.

"My phone. Call Brett."I said knowing he is the closet person around this area.

The woman gets my phone from my pocket and calls him.

"Hey, this is Marie. Your friend was stabbed at the target parking lot. Please come soon." I heard her say.

After that she hung the phone up.

"He is coming now." The woman said.

"Call 911." I said as I felt my eyes close.

After a couple minutes, I saw a man's figure come into my view and pick me up.

"Jane, stay with me." He said.

I recognized the voice to be Brett's any day. Then I saw whim load me into an ambulance as he followed in.

"Stay with me." Brett said as I felt my eyes closing.

"Jane!" Brett yelled as I fell into darkness.

Brett's POV

"Jane!" I yelled as I saw her beautiful blue eyes close.

Holding her hand as she laid on the bed, I saw the hospital come into view. Next thing I knew, we were in the hospital.

"Sir, you need to wait in the waiting room." A doctor said as he rolled Jane's body into the room.

With that, Jane was in the hospital room while people started hooking her up to machines and pulled her cut shirt off. With the time I had, I called Raven.

Hello, Brett?
Yeah, Jane is in the hospital. She was stabbed because she saved a little girl from being kidnapped.
Oh my gosh. I'll be right there!

After that she hung up and I went into the waiting room. Waiting to see her and if she was alive was hell.

Raven's POV

Rushing to the hospital, I finally arrived. I walked through the door to find a very nervous Brett.

"Is she okay?" I asked Brett.

"I don't know." Brett said looking up from the floor to my eyes.

When I heard him say this, it broke my heart. I almost lost Beth many times and now it's Jane.

---------------
Please vote, comment, and follow.