Introduction

My alarm shouted in my ear multiple times...Of course I had to get up. I stared at the damn clock, then the window.

The sky was gray and was crying as hard as that dream I didn't get to finish. Not only did it take me five minutes to get up, but I was freezing when I did. Senior year and all I could think of friggin sleep and the SAT's and maybe caffeine. Washing my face Avery had texted me again.

I decided not to text her back until I was done with my personal hygiene. "Wait for me at the bus." Her text read. I glared at my phone. She always did this kind of thing, just being nice was her thing. Then there's me, I'm an straight up asshole. (So I am told by friends and family.) I get dressed and walked to the bus stop. There, Grayson was already waiting there. I think I'm the only person who calls him Grayson, everyon else calls him Gray. "Hey." He smirked. I stared at him. "Hi Grayson." I added. No matter how many times we met up, he always said "Hey" every time he sees me. He irritated the crap out of me with that, but he's still one of my closest friends. The sad part was he was virtually invisible and then there's me...I stick out everywhere. It might be the fact that I'm the only person who dreses like a pastel grunge with my uniform(I could only do so much with this uniform anyway). Gray dressed like a normal emo boy, but I have to admit, he's still cute. We were the only two kids at the bus stop and  there the bus was. Grayson and I always sat at the back at the bus, next to one another.

   "You know Miss Craine is going to point you out for what you're wearing, right?" Grayson questioned. "Well it's Monday and heaven knows how much I hate Mondays. If she says anything, I'm walking right pass her." I replied. Grayson shrugged his shoulders and placed is headphones over his ears. The bus stops a couple of more times. Natalie, a girl I couldn't stand sat across from me. She thought she was so awesome because her dad was the principle of the school. She flirted with an non-aware Grayson. "You realize he can't hear you right. Besides even if he could hear you, you'd get turned down." I smirked. "Shut up Tori, I wasn't talking to you." She scowled. She added on another layer of lip gloss onto her current one. "Okay I tried to tell you." I whispered. "You know, you're breaking the dress code." She grinned. "Technically I'm not, my bracelets and chokers don't count against anything. So, mind your own business." I added, rolling my eyes at her. I stare at the leather seats, old, raggedy and just all around terrible. She peered back at Grayson, again to start over with her flirting frenzy that he wasn't listening to.

    I smiled and a little chuckle escaped my lips and the bus came to the last stop. School. I stand up and stand outside the entrance just for Avery. Nathan, being the smart guy he is...Warned me that I'd be late waiting on her. I didn't really care though. Although my legwarmers were starting to get wet, this was our thing. Avery and I walked to class together everyday. Grayson and Nathan, those two were always in class on time. Avery and I dashed down the hall and made it to class, seconds after the bell.

"Late! Again." Miss Craine scolded. "And? Am I supposed to care, it's just home base." I replied. Avery elbowed me, trying to urge me to shut up. "Miss Shock could I speak to you privately in the hall." Miss Craine questioned. That scowl on her face to the way she pointed her toes showed that she was fairly irritated. Today was different for me...Mondays=No filter. Meaning that you could tell me to shut up even if I wanted to I wouldn't.

I step into the hall as everyone gazed at me. Although I was taller than Miss Craine, it didn't stop her from being creepy. Her dark brown hair with strands of gray reminded me of spider webs on a vintage dresser. Her dark and bland clothing reminded me of a depressing shadow on a white wall. She was all around boring and eerie. "Your uniform. You need to stop changing it or else I'll suspend you." She threatened. "What if I want to get suspended." I teased, looking down on her to make eye contact.

  Like I said, I straight up walked away from her and back into class. I didn't want to hear what she had to say, I'm only worried with my agenda and no one else's. I sat down in class next to Cindy. "What did she say this time?" Cindy questioned. "My uniform." I answer, starting in my sketch book. A boy by the name of Benjamin Scarce  promenaded into the room. He was new and I really didn't care. That is, until the teacher sat him behind me.