Home

From the moment I stepped in, to the time I took my shoes off, my family was all over me. "Tori!" Maria shouted. She jumped on my back and played with my hair. "Tori!" George smiled hugging me. Liam looked my way with his everlasting poker face. "Great to see you're home Victoria." He added. I cracked a smile trying to figure out what to do. "Maria, I have to take my bags up-.""I'll take them for you. Just sit for a minute okay." Liam added, as he patted my head. He grabbed my suitcases and took them upstairs. I was kind of confused, but brushed it off. Maria hops off my back and smiles, "How was school? Did you meet anyone?" She questioned. I looked down on her. This thirteen year old gymnast with fair skin, brown eyes and honey hair was questioning me in fascination. Although it wasn't like I could come out and just say 'I have a girl friend and school was in a way nice." I swallowed the huge lump in my throat, "School was cool I've got good grades so far. I just have to get a better grade in Mathematics." I answer. She smiles and sits on the couch, watching the TV. George on the other hand. . . He wouldn't let up. He was still hugging me. He had to be the most gorgeous sixteen year old I've seen. He had hazel eyes, light skin and chocolate brown hair. "You can let go now." I say. "If I do you'll walk away and you'll avoid me like you did last time you visited." He answered. "For the last time, I didn't avoid you, Liam sent me on errands." I answered. He rolled his eyes and let me go. "Whatever you say Princess." He smirked. He wore a turtleneck and jeans, smiling at the window beside me. "Is it colder in America?" He asked. I turned and looked at the window, "Not really. It really depends on where you are." I answered, "It's the same here kind of." I answer. "Hey, I heard that Benjamin Scarce, the Great Grandson of the creator of those expensive watches, he goes to your school." Maria added. "Yea, what about it?" I questioned. "Is he popular?" She asked. I looked at her outfit, her thick V-neck sweater and leggings, and answered, "Well if he's friends with me, then probably not." The room is silent for a minute. "So you're not popular?" George questioned. "Nope." I answered.

   George and Maria began to laugh. Liam walked back downstairs,"Victoria, could I talk to you alone. . . ?" He questioned. I nodded and followed him back up the stairs. I sat at the foot of my bed, "Yes?" I asked. He sits next to me with a small sigh. "You haven't been around a lot and we all missed you. I know Christmas is tomorrow, but you've got other gifts to open tomorrow. I want you to open this though." He hands me a box, a rather large box. I unwrap it quickly knowing that he's probably going to start talking again. I open it to see that he bought me a tablet and a case, conveniently wrapped together. "Don't show the others because they'll ask where theirs are and I don't have enough patience for that kind of stress." He answered. I smiled. There wasn't much for me to do to thank him considering that he doesn't like to be touched or hugged. "I won't thank you, Liam." He smiled back and them gave me some more good news. "I finally quite smoking." He says awkwardly, adjusting his glasses. His light brown eyes, dirty brown hair and slightly tanned skin made pretty easy on the eyes. He wore a t-shirt and a opened sweater and skinny jeans. He looked into my eyes, "You're still wearing your school uniform. You should change, we're going out," he smiled. I knew he had something up his sleeve, as he always did. "Uhm sure." I say and then he grabs another box from under my pillow. "You should wear this." He smiled. I stared at him with my eyes narrow. The last time he bought me something that had something to do with clothes it wasn't necessarily something that I could wear in public. "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll like it." He smiled. I gazed at the red wrapping and opened it. A black fair isle sweater a pleated skirt, thigh high socks and riding boots were in the large box. I almost squealed. I stayed calm, "Thank you Liam." He stood and placed his hand on my head, scruffily messing up my hair. "Take your time, I'll be getting your friends out. They'll see you tomorrow." He added. I smiled, "Alright, give me about fifteen minutes." I say. He smiles back before shutting the door behind himself.

To sum up for anyone who doesn't understand this situation of business, I work at this bakery with him. I get no money in return, although I get an education, a place to live, food, clothes on my back and whatever I want. I can't really figure out what kind of business this is, but he seems to be okay with it so I'm okay with it. I take a shower, wash my face and get dressed. I think for a moment, the lipstick that Maria bought for me a while back. The set just sat there, it hadn't been opened. She often told me how lucky I was to have plump lips and perfect skin. I rolled my thinking, "Why not?" At the last minute I chickened out and just put on my clear lip gloss and headed down the stairs.

"You look great, ready?" He questioned, as I put my coat on. "Yea." I answered. He put his trench coat on and unlocked the door. We walked around town as usual. As we made it to a fairly empty restaurant I had to ask him. "So just wondering. . . Considering that you don't like being touched and because of that the only work I do is really just help with making the frosting and pretty much the simple stuff." I trailed off. He looked into my eyes with his golden ones. "Are you about to ask if I'm a sugar daddy?" He questioned. I blushed and looked down and nodded. "Sure, why not. I mean I am like thirty four and you're almost eighteen." He answered. We both gazed at each other before laughing. We come in here so much that the waiter knew just what to bring us. Beer for Liam and water for me, but we both got the same burger. "Again I'm sorry about your American friends. I know it's a hard thing to go through, considering that the school wouldn't let you come home or go to their funerals." He added. I tried to smile. I knew he hated to see the slightest bit of sadness from me. "I know, but I'd say I'm dealing with it quite well. I just don't like talking about it." I answered. He took that as a "Don't talk about that again" answer. "And how's Grayson doing?" He asked. "He's happy. . . He has a boyfriend." I added. "Who's the lucky guy?" Liam questioned, taking a bite out of his burger. "Benjamin Scarce", I whispered, "You can't tell anyone what I said. I would be outing him and I trust you enough to tell you." I say. He cocks an eyebrow. "You bloody tosser, by now you should trust me." He laughed. I smiled and then suddenly remembered Kerri. "May I have your permission to go to a party?" I asked. "Who is throwing this party?" Liam questioned. "Kerene Smith." I answered, quickly. He smirked.
"As much as I miss you. . . You may go. Just be back by midnight." He answered. I smiled, "Thank you." I run out of the restaurant and check my messages. Kerri had texted me a few hours ago and I really wasn't paying attention. Although asked for location and she texted me the info. After a forty six minute walk, I was at her doorstep. "Come in." She smiled, giving me a hand. I take it proudly.