Zuhause

Benjamin's P.O.V.
  Upon my arrival to home, no one was really excited except for Harmony. The cat circled around my legs and purring as she rubbed her face on my leg. I carried my bags to the attic with Harmony following behind me. To my surprise Augustine was waiting near my bedroom. "Hey Augustine." I smiled. He stopped marveling at the skull and looked up at me with his gray eyes. "Hello. . . Ben." He replied, flipping his black hair. "Thank you for waiting on me." I replied. He stared me down. I already knew that I probably shouldn't have said that. "Idiot! I was just standing here when you got home! I wasn't waiting on you!" He blushed. He was lying, but I acted like I didn't know. "Well alright then." For him to be sixteen he was very stubborn and it was kind of cute. Although he hates being compared to words like "adorable" or "sweet", even though these words described him. Harmony curled up on my bed and Adam came in with a different intent. Being twenty two and looking just like his father, he thought he had the world in his hand.

  He had high cheekbones, blue eyes and blond hair. His skin was light and not nearly as fair as Augustine's. Adam began throwing water balloons at me. . . At least I thought it was water. It was oil, virgin oil. And then he dumped a bucket of feathers over me and lit a match, throwing it at me. "Welcome home!" He shouted, with a sadistic laugh. As soon as Adam went down the stairs Augustine just stood there. He stopped laughing. Horrified as I rolled around trying not burn alive. Augustine dumps a bucket of water on me. "Ben, you okay?" He asked, pulling feathers off of me. "Yea I'm fine, I just have a few burn holes." I answer. You kind of get used to the kind pranks Adam played. The were usually worse.

"MY RUG! BENJAMIN!" My aunt screeched. I laid there, "I'm sor-.""I don't care! You're always sorry! Fix it!" She shouted. Adam stood behind Aunt Theresa with a mischievous snicker. "Yea clean it, peasant." He snickers. I stood and waited until they left back down the stairs. Augustine stayed silent, not muttering a single word. I stumbled into the bathroom, feeling the sting on my hand. I knew I had burnt it. I wrapped it up with bandages and threw out the rug. Uncle Aida stared me down. "You know sometimes I look at you, and I see your father. Most of the time I see your mother. How did you catch fire?" He questioned.

I knew he wouldn't believe me if I told him the truth. "I Uhm lit a candle and I wasn't paying attention." I replied. He messes up my hair and glared at me, "You clumsy fool." I looked down, "I know." I mumbled. "Ugh get cleaned up." He says, apathetically. "Yes sir." I mumbled and walked upstairs. I took a shower and change into the suit sitting on my bed. Since it was the day before Christmas, we all opened one gift. Actually, Adam and Augustine opened one. I watched. . . Well I didn't get one gift. "He's envious." Adams chuckles, elbowing Augustine. "Yea. . ." Augustine nervously replied. "We must of forgot you, again. Ooops!" Aunt Theresa smirked. "It is fine. I didn't want anything this year or last anyway." I retorted. "Hey don't talked back, it's rather rude. Don't you think?" Uncle Aida added, scowling at me. "My apologies." I replied, looking down. Augustine had gotten a new set of canvases and Adam got a set shot glasses. Honestly I wish they wouldn't encourage him to drink. . . He gets worse when he drinks. I smiled, "I'm happy for you two." "No one asked." Adam quickly replied. "Thank you." Augustine smiled, looking at me. "We don't mind, we just want you to be happy." Aunt Theresa added. "So dinner?" Uncle Aida questioned. I smiled, I'll make the plates. "Don't light the kitchen on fire." Adams smirked. "I haven't yet, nor do I plan to." I replied, going to the kitchen. I made everyone's plate first and mine last. I placed them at the table and took a seat.

I was finally able to check my phone to see that I had twelve missed calls and eight missed messages from Grayson. I replied, telling him about the situation and placed it in my pocket before telling him that I love him. "Benjamin, refrain from using your phone at the table. It is disrespectful to those around you." Uncle Aida replied. Although Augustine sat at the table listening to music and eating his dinner. I said nothing and finished my plate. Adam on the other had, was done with his plate and hitting the wine pretty hard. "Well good night everyone." Augustine added, before promptly leaving the table. He leaves his plate at the table and so does Theresa and Aida.

It was now just me and Adam. I cleaned the dishes and dried my hands. I replaced the bandage on my hand with first aid kit in the living room drawer. I was about to head upstairs when Adam stopped me. "Where are you going?" He hiccuped. "I'm going upstairs." I answered, trying head for the spiral staircase. "No you're not! Why don't you have a drink of two with me. You know you are seventeen." He slurred. "You know I don't drink now can I go upstairs?" I asked. He grabbed a bottle and held it close to my face. Blocking my exit with his other hand on the wall. "Just drink some." He blushed and smiled. He put it to my lips and before I could react he was forcing it into my mouth. He was trying to drown me in wine. I shoved him off of me and coughed. He fell on the ground and began to mutter to himself. I ran up the stairs quickly changing shirts, putting on a coat running out to the balcony. I sat at the roof and gazed at the slight sunrise . I checked my phone. By now it was nine in America and it's around three am here in Berlin. Yes that means that Adam had been drinking for six hours. Happily the wine that Theresa put in the fridge wasn't very strong. To call it weak would be an understatement. I texted Grayson pictured of the sky and watched his reactions. That comforted me and made me feel happy. We said our good nights and that night, I could sleep easy. I slid down off the roof and back onto the balcony. I take off my shoes and go into the attic, going to bed.