Wake Up

I could hardly stay awake in class. The damn teacher was so boring on so many levels. I place my head on my arms and go to sleep. I'm sure Physics 101 aren't that important. As soon as I drift off, a hand taps my shoulder. It was Grayson. "Hey, Tori you've got to wake up", He said quietly, then he started to whisper, "That Benjamin guy keeps staring at you it's weird." He added. "Which is weirder, the fact that he's staring or the fact that you noticed?" I questioned groggily. He stared at me and then thought for moment,"That's beside the point Tori." He added. I smirked, "Yea you think about that for a minute." I chuckled a bit.

"Is there something you'd like to share with the class Miss Shock?" Miss Craine questioned. I stared at her with piercing eyes. "Nope you may continue your boring class." I added. "Could I speak to you outside the classroom?" She snapped. I grabbed my book-bag and lifted myself. You could hear the class make the sounds of idiocy. "OoooOooo." They all said, but not Grayson or Avery. They both just watched me walk to the front of the entrance of even more boring conversation. Miss Craine promptly stood in front of me. Her face was so close, I could detect the scent of her overly creamed coffee. I barely paid attention. "One more thing out of you and you'll be in detention." She added. I rolled my eyes at her. Did it really look like I gave a rat's ass? Although I nodded to get her to shut up. "Back in there, NOW." She demanded like a child.

I would have liked to slap her in that moment. She was irritating and I don't think that she was that irritating. No wonder she didn't have a husband. I sat back down with a face that showed how annoyed I was. I just go back to sleep in her class thirty after.

~

I wake up to the flashes at midnight. What was going on? I wipe my eyes and look out the window. There wasn't a trace of anything outside that could have done that. I glared and tried to curl back up, but that by itself was enough to freak me out. I couldn't go back to sleep. I started to text Grayson. He was probably up playing video games or something and was unaware of what time it was as usual. And I was right when I texted,"Hai :D" and he replied,"Hey." I drop my phone on my bed. Since we live in a school apartment complex kind of I was supposed to have a room mate, but I had to scare that one away. I was panicky at the moment though. I got dressed, grabbed my phone, texted him "I'm On My Way", and made sure I went through the window and not the front door or else the security would be alerted about someone (ME) leaving the complex after curfew. I made sure NOT to put my hair in those twin pigtails, considering that I might fall asleep at his place.

I prowl around the neighborhood, trying not to get caught, but it's not like I ever do. Always better safe than sorry though, when sneaking out though. I lightly knocked on Grayson's window with a smirk. He looks spook for a moment to see me in the window. Did I mention that getting dressed to go to his house at this time of night, consists of a jacket over my pjs and sneakers? I didn't think you would magically figure it out. I quietly promenaded throughout the neighborhood trying to get to his home without being detected.

I was successful...No one noticed me break into his window. I crawl in and close the window behind me. I tip toe into the living room to see him playing COD. I smiled and plopped on the couch next to him. "What's Nathan doing?" I asked. I could have just looked in the other room to check, but that couch was comfortable and I didn't want to get up again. "He's asleep." He answered. I let out a snicker, he was alway the goody two shoes. He always slept at bed time,however, that kind of gave him an advantage. He was always alert from having enough sleep.

It's not my fault that I stay up all night and get tired...Okay it is. It's just easier to blame things on someone else. "Grayson, I think someone's taking pictures of me or something...." I mumble. "What makes you think that?" He questions. I stare at him with a resting bitch face. "I woke up from a flash in the middle of the night." I answer. And now that I mention it, there was a shutter sound the camera makes. "Some person flashed you?" He asked. "No!", I blushed,"Someone took a picture of me and ran off." I answered. He pauses the game and glances at me. "That's what happens with those high cheekbones." He teased, pinching my cheeks.

I swat his hands away,"Stop it." I complain. He grins and stops the pinching as I laugh. We didn't want to be too loud. "Well...I think it was something in your dream that woke you." He added, dismissing the idea. Maybe he was right though. I brushed it off like him and started playing COD Zombies with him. I really needed something to get my mind off of this.
~
I wake up to in Grayson's bed. The alarm had went off and it was time for me to get up. I pull myself out of bed and get dressed. I take a shower, brush my teeth, wash my face and put my hair in a ponytail. I throw my uniform together and walk to the bus stop. I stand there with expressionless. I didn't like Tuesdays either. I walk onto the bus and sit next to Grayson. He again was listening to music. This time though, it was Sleeping W/ Sirens. I love that band...And a lot of others. So I listened closely to his headphones in the hopes that one of my favorite songs would come on. That's when I noticed something...Natalie wasn't here. She never misses school. "Hey, Grayson; Natalie's not here." I smirk, nudging him. He seemed like her really didn't care, so I just took it as a personal win. Avery to my surprise was already there when the bus stopped. I smiled and gave her a hug. "C'mon let's go before Craine loses her shit." I say in a teasing manner. Grayson shrugs his shoulders and we walk in. Everyone stares at me as we walk in.

I don't know why, but they were. "Hell, do you not know how rude it is to stare?!" I shout. Some stop looking, but some stared more. I take my seat in home base after walking down the hall of freak show. I was almost immediately called down to the office. "OoooOooo." The class chanted. Except for of course Nathan, Grayson, Avery and Cindy. I pull myself from my seat and promenade back down the main hall into the office. Policemen and the principal were waiting on me. They looked very disappointed. I stared back at them. One of the policemen close the door. "What do you know about the disappearance of Natalie Vector?" He questioned. How was I not shocked?
I opened my mouth and honestly answered. "I didn't know she was missing and not do I care." They looked shocked at what came out of my mouth. I made sure that it was English, do I need to speak to them in Arabic or Chinese or something because I'm fluent in both. "Okay...What were you doing at approximately 12am last night?" He questioned. "I was asleep." I answer. Technically true. I woke up 30 minutes later so...Yea. The seemed skeptical, but they couldn't keep me in here all day with my answers. One sighed,"You're free to go." "I assumed I was it is America." I smirked, leaving the room. Being interrogated wasn't phasing me. Back down the main hallway to first hour. The bell did ring as soon as I got to my seat.

Even though they're just doing their job, I didn't really know why they thought I had anything to do with her. I really don't care if she's missing or not. Even if she is or was the Queen of this school. Miss Craine announced the new project. We were to partner with who was on our right. "Cindy looks like we're partners." I grinned. She sighed,"Looks like it." Miss Craine explained that we are going to do a creative challenge for explaining the laws of physics. I hope no one did anything in the form of anime, because anime defies logic and physics. Me and Cindy thought of multiple ideas...But the one that stuck out the most was the principle of gravity.

Something became unsettling though. I turned over my shoulder. Back to the Benjamin kid staring at me. I don't say anything, but it was weird. Maybe he was just a foreign exchange student. Nathan walked up to me,"What did you do?" He question. "Nothing...Natalie is missing and they immediately asked me what happened." I answered. "Wow...How did I see that coming? I mean that's what happens when you work the corner and don't give people their money." Nathan joked. Although we all knew it was kind of true. She tried to get into everyone's pants. Nathan always had a point and Cindy always had a good laugh at his jokes. With all this laughing, how are we supposed to get our work done though. Eh, I just come to her place and work on it then.