Wide Awake (Back to the Old)

Victoria's P.O.V.

I sat in my wheelchair thinking about what happened a week back. I couldn't believe that Avery was even capable of something like that. Although, what didn't add up to me was how many dead bodies there were. There was no way that she killed all those people alone. Or maybe she did. Honestly I didn't know. As gazed out the window, I couldn't believe something like this would happen.

That's when I heard a knock on my door. "Come in." I say. "Hey, I thought I'd visit you." A familiar voice answered. I turn around running into my bed a few times before I just look at him. "Grayson!" I shouted, as he hugged me. Benjamin peaked his head through the door. I was so happy that he was okay. Both of them were happy and sat in that chair with a goofy grin. Benjamin hugs me and smiles. "What the doctor say about your ankle?" He questioned. I smiled, "It should be good as new in about a few weeks. So maybe a month or so." He looks down with a sad look on his face and his bangs kind of cover his eyes. "Hey we're all okay. No need to be sad. . .I know. I know that they're gone and it's going to be hard without them, but all we have each other." Grayson said, pounding his fist into the palm of his hand, "Do you understand me?"He questioned, looking at me especially. I nod and so does Benjamin. "You have to promise that no matter what happens, we tell each other everything. We need to communicate. Understood?"Grayson asserted.  Benjamin nods and I reply, "We understand." He lets out a sigh and takes a seat and tries to crack a smile.

  "Now that we've got that situated. . .How does your foot feel?" He questioned. I stared down for a moment before answering. "It still hurts." I answered. I was so freaked out by his random mood swing that I had to think even harder about the scenario. Then again a lot of things just happened and none of us have had enough time to cope with it. "Oh, thanks captain obvious." Grayson smirked. Benjamin kept quiet; the look on his face, however, was loud. He just looked like he was thinking, but then again I just said a lot things just took place. Silence dawned the room and we were left there as just faces instead of voices.

  "Why didn't any of us notice?" Benjamin questioned, playing with his fingers. "I don't know, but sadly. . ." Grayson trailed off, "We couldn't have prevented it. Don't blame yourselves for other's actions." He said, looking dead at me. I had to realize that although I didn't kill anyone, this all happened because she wanted my attention. Virtually it was my fault. Benjamin just sat there quiet again, as if his lips were sewed together. I just sat there trying to look for a response. "I won't think it's my fault. At least I'll try." I replied. Grayson nodded. Things got weird and there wasn't any talking. We just sat there. Crickets. . . That is until my stomach growled.

"Looks like someone needs food." Grayson teased. I grinned with a sort of embarrassed look. I chuckled. "You guys can go to the cafeteria. . .Just bring me back a muffin or something." "I'm going to stay." Benjamin smiled. Grayson nodded, "I assume you'd like a sandwich or something?" Benjamin nods and smiles. As Grayson walks away, Benjamin sat at the edge of my bed in front of me. I stayed in my chair (it's not like I could get up anyway) , and a cute blush grew across his face. I finally made eye contact with him and that was when I realized that he had one purple eye. His eyes. They were so beautiful. "So, I'm sorry to bother you. I thought it would be awkward to tell you your headlights were on in front of Grayson. You know, or that I even noticed it."

Well I finally found out why he was being so quiet and looking down so much. I blushed and crossed my arms over my chest. I didn't know where my clothes were either, although both of us were just wearing hospital gowns. By the way, they look unflattering on us. "Yes, thank you for telling me." I replied. He snapped his fingers, grabbing a blanket and wrapping it around me, "This should help with the problem." His face was completely red and all I could do was look down with the appalled blush I had. Although he was probably well rested, he plopped down on his back. "You ever had a moment when you're seen as someone else and you're someone totally different?" He questioned. "Yes. Everyone thinks I have anger issues, when really people just say stupid stuff that irritates me is all." I answered. "Everyone thinks I'm weird. I just get flustered around people, I'm pretty normal. I honestly think the only strange thing about me is the fact that I like pastel colors, and of course my eye." He answered.

Grayson came back with food, and a lot of it. "Here we ar-What were you two doing?" He questioned. The two of  us giggled, and Benjamin then laughed, "Unravelling the secrets of the universe."