Valentine's day

FEBRUARY! THE ONE MONTH I HATE! UUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHH

I stare at at the clock...Wishing this day had just passed. It was a truly stupid day, and honestly it would be awesome if this day wasn't listed on the calendar. Yet I find myself waking up and staring at the clock time was magically going to pass by. I barely put any effort into my clothing or hair. Grabbing my backpack and heading out the door.

If I didn't have bad luck on this cursed day, I'd have no luck. KNOWING ME I MISSED THE BUS! I couldn't help, but curse under my breath as I ran to class. I was only approximately an hour late, so I only missed about home base and fifteen minutes of first hour. I come into class and the whole classroom is staring at me. "Miss Shock, you're late." Miss Crain crows.

"Obviously." I replied, sitting down. I couldn't help, but glare at her with narrow eyes. "Is there something you'd like to share with the whole class, Miss Shock?" She questioned. "Actually I do, I missed the bus and had to run here. Be happy I even decided to come to class today because the last thing I want to hear is your mouth after all the trouble. I could really live without your smart alic responses to my actions." I replied.

She couldn't even say anything back. She just simply stared at me dumbfounded. Continuing her teachings, I paid attention to the smartboard and not what was saying. She passes out work sheets and I start it. Although I quickly realize that we needed partners. Cindy worked with Nathan and Avery worked with Grayson. Benjamin stood in front of me with the same sheet of paper.

"L-looks like w-w-we're partners." He smiled kind of goofily. I smirk, "Guess so." I replied. He takes a seat next to me and we work on the equation. For me, this wasn't that hard. The equation didn't seem so challenging for Benjamin either. We'd already finished the assignment before the rest of the class. "S-s-so...We have about t-t-ten minutes left." He informs. "I'm aware, thank you though." I replied. He blushed a little. He was kind of cute in his own goofy, stutteriness (That wasn't a word but it is now). It's also different to see someone as 'edgy looking' as him to be as goofy as him.

I gazed at him, "Could I ask what's under that eye patch?" I question. He holds onto it, and becomes extremely pale. "I'll take that as a no." I added, taking out my sketch notebook. He slowly became more comfortable. That reaction was very strange, but I left it. The timer had gone off, and new equations were passed out. Again...Benjamin finish our work in about two minutes. I start to inspect his face and hair. His eye patch and naturally pale skin, a defined jawline that isn't unnoticeable but it isn't strong , one blue eye, pastel pink hair, and he wears a cute scarf. I wonder why I haven't noticed any of this until now.

I put my observations to paper. UGH! It didn't look right. It was imperfect and it bothered me. My imagination exceeded my talent and I hated it. Benjamin on the other hand loved it. "Extraordinary!" He smiled, with stars in his eyes. I smile, "Thank you..(I could have done better...)" I reply. He smiles brighter, "C-c-could I please have it?" He asked. I signed my name in pen and tore it out of my sketch and hand it to him. Stars...The whole universe lit up his eyes. He wrapped his arms around me," Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" He smiled. I smile back, "No prob." It was then that I realize that the alarm had long gone off and the whole class was staring at us. "Mister Scarce, return to your original seat." Miss Craine crowed.

It was official...I hate this day...

~

Lunch comes by and I sit with my friends. A lack of appetite gets to me; making me sit there. "What was up with you and Benjamin earlier today?" Grayson question. "Yea that was weird." Avery added. "Explain," Nathan said, before taking a bite out of his burger. "I made him a drawing...That's all." I replied. "Uhuh..." Nathan teased.

"I will launch your burger into the trash. I'm serious." I scowl. "What's your deal? You've been so bummy all day...You're killing my vibe, man" He retorted. Grayson was trying to signal him to shut up, but it was too late. He's getting the answer he asked for. "I hate valentine's day. Nothing good ever comes out of it...EVER! It just makes my day more terrible than usual." I answer shortly. Avery shrugs her shoulders, "It's just a day...Like you'll be fine." I stared her down and let out a sigh. "It's okay." Avery added, patting my back. I lay my head on my arms.

I couldn't really get through how much this day had nothing but bad juju.

By the end of the day, I had two notes. That's nothing compared to the notes covering Natalie's locker. I take a shower and sit in front of my computer. I did have to type a paper for E.L.A. . I open the notes and read both. Both of them are from anonymous. One was pretty much how the person loves me, but are too afraid to approach me. The other...Wanted me to meet with them.

I put on a pair of Aztec black leggings, a pair of twelve eye doc martens, a black long sleeve shirt, a black hoodie, finger-less gloves and my fox ear hat. I head out the door and walk to the mall and to the fountain. No one was there; at first I was going to leave. I sat there and thought...Well maybe they're not here yet.

~

A custodian wakes me up.,"Ma'am the mall is closing." I nod, and stand. It had to be 12 in the morning...I had to walk home. I check my phone and try to see what I missed. All I really got was my friends having panic attacks about me not being around and not answering my phone. I text everyone because it was too late to call all of them. Since it's late and dark; I walk cautiously. With Natalie missing and all. I keep walking and the closer I get to home the safer I feel. However...Right outside the gate, there was a body. A body was just laying there. Instead of investigating, I start to sprint home.

Figuring that it was just my imagination toying with me. Yea that's what it was. I jumped the fence and dashed home. Shutting the door with the speed of light. With my shoes off and pajamas on,I tried to ignore what I just saw. Wishing that I had been home all day. I wished I hadn't seen that. Wishing that today wasn't the day. Today would be the day I get stood up and the same day I see a dead body. I rock myself to sleep. Attempting to calm myself, but my mind was roaming and I couldn't stop my mind from wandering. By six am I finally got some sleep, yet I was still tired when I woke.

I brush it aside as I put on some black skinny jeans, twenty eye converse (fancy talk for very high high tops), a white long sleeve shirt, arm warmers, a black vest, ear muffs and a gray wool scarf. I head out the door and text everyone about the day before. Everything except for the dead body.

Walking to the cafe, I see Benjamin sitting alone. A side of me was telling me to leave him alone, but the other side was telling me to give him some of my time. I get a plate and sit down at his table. His fingers covered in band aids, and his head stayed down as he ate his food. I couldn't see his face much. He looks up at me, and continues to eat. It was ind of strange, but I thought nothing of it. "How's the steak burrito?" I asked, taking a bite of my blueberry muffin. "It's pretty g-g-good honestly." He answered, rather enthusiastically. It was that moment when I noticed all the bruises on his face.

"What happened?" I questioned. He takes another bite out of his burrito. "I-i got in a fight l-l-last night." He answered. "And who was he?"I question further. He stares at me, "I'll spare him the embarrassment." He answered swiftly. I glared and calmed down. "Well let's at least go get you patched up." I say, as he finishes his plate. I walk him to my dorm and put some band aids on his face. "Thank y-you again T-tori." He smiled. "Don't mention it." I reply. I lead him back out and we part ways. Honestly he seems pretty odd, but he's a good guy...