Two - Starbucks

“G’day everyone! How are you? You’re good? I don’t care. Anyway…” I took a breath. “It’s finally happened! Woo!” I did a little dance and ran around the kitchen. “I’m in England! It’s seriously different. Here in England instead of saying thongs they say flip-flops, which I find seriously weird. Can all my Aussie subs understand what I mean?” I nodded for about a minute before continuing on with my video. “So…yeah…all my videos will now be shot somewhere in this apartment once I finally put some…furniture…in here. Um, yeah.” I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. “So, when I get all my furniture delivered here from Australia I will do a tour of this apartment. Oh yeah, I’m rooming with my friend, Emma, who I met over the Internet a while ago. We became really good friends over the years so…now we’re living together. It’s only going to end in disaster.” I shook my head, as if in disgrace. “That’s the video! Thanks for sticking around!” I threw my hands in the air in celebration and did another little dance. “Links are in the description, as is Emma’s channel so go check it out.” I pointed my hands to my crotch but the viewer would see it as the description box. “Bye, you little shits.” I smiled at the camera one more time before stopping the recording.

“All right Emma, I’m done with the kitchen. You can eat now.” Emma came running around the corner and immediately opened the fridge.

“Thank the lord, I’m starving. Seriously, how long did it take you to film something that small?” She sighed.

“So-rry. I’ll try to be quicker next time. If I ever film in the kitchen again.”

“Why the kitchen, anyway? Why not in your bedroom?” Emma said as she opened a case of ham.

“Because I can’t show them my unfurnished room. It would be weird. So, it was either the kitchen or the bathroom. I chose the kitchen.” She laughed, trying hard not to choke on her ham.

“What are you wearing, anyway?” She asked, looking me up and down.

“Clothes,” I said as I shrugged. “Emma, I know fans ship ‘Elma’ but that doesn’t mean we have to make it real. Because I don’t particularly want to take my clothes off.”

“No! No, no, no, no, no! I don’t want you to take your clothes off either. But we’re going out soon and you’re wearing a singlet and shorts.”

“Fine, I’ll change. Do you have a jumper? I only have thin cardigans and it looks cold out there.” She nodded and chucked me a brown leather jacket.

“Thanks Emma.” I smiled and walked into my room. On the floor was a sleeping bag, a pillow and two suitcases. I opened the suitcase with clothes in it and pulled out worn skinny jeans, red Converse and my black Beats headphones. I pulled on all my clothes and went back out to the lounge.

“Okay Emma, you wanted to do my makeup?” She nodded vigorously and dragged me into the main bathroom. She sat me down on the toilet (with the lid down), pulled out a big bag of makeup and set to work on my face. A while after Emma finished and in the mirror I saw myself with dark blue eyelids, pink lips and slight rosy cheeks.

“Thanks for not going over the top.” She chuckled, packed away all her makeup and walked out of the bathroom.

“So, are we off?” She asked and I nodded.

We were in Starbucks, as all white girls do. Emma had ordered a cappuccino whilst I had ordered a hot chocolate.

“I can’t believe you don’t like coffee.” Emma said, disbelief written on her face.

“Look, Emma, I’m sorry but coffee is just really bitter and I don’t find it appetising at all.”

“Weirdo,” she muttered as she shook her head. “Can you stop playing your music so loud. People are looking at us.”

“It’s not that loud.” She looked at me as if to say ‘it really is’. “Fine.” I sighed but turned down the volume.

“What band is that anyway?”

“My Chemical Romance. I thought you liked them.”

“I do but I haven’t listened to them in ages.”

“Who’s the weirdo now?” I asked and she shrugged and sipped her coffee. A couple of minutes later we had both finished our drinks and I was slumping so far down on the chair that it was mostly my head and back on the chair.

“Elysa, I’m getting a sandwich, want one?” I shook my head. “Suit yourself. Can you sit up a little, please? A lot of kids are following your suit and their parents are too happy about it.” I sighed heavily but sat up properly.

“Go get your sandwich and get me a lemonade!” I shouted as she walked down the stairs, shooting daggers at me at the last minute. I laughed and spread myself over the two-seat couch I was on. I closed my eyes, put my headphones on my ears (as they were around my neck earlier) and put my music back onto shuffle. One of my favourite songs came on, Space Whistler by PJ Liguori. I nodded my head to it until I felt someone tap my shoe. I pushed my headphones down to my neck and looked up.

Oh. My. God. It was him, Dan Howell, a.k.a. Danisnotonfire. My idol. Okay, Elysa, don’t fangirl; he’ll think you’re weird. Pretend he’s just another guy. There’s no need to act like he’s any different even though you’ve been watching him on a screen for a number of years.

“You all right, mate?” I asked. Elysa! I thought. Why’d you say ‘mate’? He’s gonna think you’re weird.

“Um, yes. There are no other seats here and you’ve got six, so I was wondering…if it’s possible, that my friends and I could have these seats at the end? Is that okay?”

“Yeah, that’s fine. My friend should be up here soon but she won’t mind.”

“Thanks. I’m Dan by the way.” He held out his hand and I tried not to freak out. Should I tell him I know who he is or not? I shook his hand.

“I’m Elysa. Nice to meet you.” I smiled and put my headphones back on, hoping to ignore the person I think is perfect. Good Morning Sunshine by Alex Day was now playing.

5 minutes later Emma came upstairs with a ham sandwich and a lemonade.

"I am thanking you graciously, kind lady." I said with my best British accent.

She laughed as she said, "You're gonna have to try better than that." I pouted.

I turned to the side to see Dan looking at us weirdly but got distracted as PJ, Chris and Phil walked up the stairs with 4 coffees and sandwiches. I looked back at Emma and saw that she had her hands out, palms facing me. I quickly understood what she meant and put my hands against hers and we played Tic-Tac-Toe because we're cool cats. We heard 2 voices talking about how we were like 5-year-olds and 1 laughing next to us. The other male was silent and staring.

Emma and I looked at the guys then back at each other and we immediately thought of the same thing.

"So Emma, what shall we do this evening?"

"Well, I'm sure I can find the whips somewhere." I nodded.

"Yes, shall we get out the leather clothes?"

"Oh yeah, I'll find the wooden spoon." We both smiled, stood up, linked arms and walked off. It was our running joke between our fans and us that we were a lesbian dominatrix couple. We weren't but that's what our fans thought in the small amount of Internet multiplayer games we did videos on (it was the only way we could as she was in England and me in Australia). I sneaked a look at the Fantastic Foursome and saw them with their heads together, whispering quietly.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. The first chapter wasn't the best chapter I've every written so I hope this one makes up for it. This was my favourite chapter to write so far and since I write a couple of chapters ahead I'm up to chapter 5 so, yeah. I hope you enjoy reading this story as much as I enjoy writing it. Bai!

~ Ella