Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Chimes clang loudly as it gets several hits from the gust. There is a painted frown to her still slumbering face when she curls to the bed as the night breeze sent shivers to her white skin forcing her awoke. Certain she had sealed the door that opens through the balcony before she slept she started to fall into thinking that maybe she didn't. After sighing, she covers herself in a tight embrace before pushing her body off the bed as a quilt drops underneath. She frowns once more. If her memory is reliable surely there was no quilt in the room from the time she moved in this evening. Another gust of wind blow diverting her from thoughts. She runs to close the entrance and this time see to it that it is properly locked.

Her gaze fell on the boxes sitting on the floor as she leans on the now closed door.

'Guess I should set my things first before going to bed again.'

***

A forceful impatient knock is banging the wooden shiny door of her room. With pure instinct she turned to its direction together with the wonder of who it might be.

" New girl wake up, breakfast is ready" says the female voice from behind. She didn't respond as she hears footsteps fading away until it go unheard.

She's been awake for an hour and light has already filled the room. Fascinated, she absorbs the features of the space upon her. It is too big to be called a dormitory room. The bed is feather soft and massive, the bathroom is also grand and shiny she mistakes it for another room, the furnitures are carved to perfection, the curves and edges are neat and flawless, the ceilings are high even for her eyes, the room is oozing with wealth and monarchy.

Peeking through the mirror, she studied her clothes. She's wearing a school uniform that the dorm lady sent last night. It is pretty, the skirt falls above her knee exposing her fine long legs. She lets her brown locks down reaching her hips that curls on its tips.

As satisfaction grew, she grabs the door knob and strode off. She is on foot through the corridors when she spotted girls gossiping in corners while eyeing her. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that she's their subject.

" How come she get the biggest room?"

" Is she rich or did she mated with some nobility?" they said which is supposedly a whisper

She took her breakfast silently the stares never leaving. Most of the stares are sharp, judging and unpleasant, no one speaks to her and for that she is grateful. The dorm lady gave her direction to her school and realized she had to walk some distance before reaching its premises. She follows the trail she's told to and successfully arrived.

Enchanted, she stares at the school ahead.

'This thing doesn't define the word school, it was far grand to be called school,' her mind wildly thought.

Soon, she enters the gates. Strangers eyes are instantly attached upon her once again but compared to the stares in the dorm this is much heavier. True they are not sharp but wounding, not judging but condemning and certainly not unpleasant but clearly fatal. They are watching her every move as if planting holes in her flesh, predator preying their prey, it is disturbing.

They are different from her, they are no human and she's achingly aware of that.

A group is about to approach her when suddenly they come to halt, they are in daze for a moment as if someone had invaded their minds. After seconds, they abruptly come to their senses and cower away sending her low growls and glares as if telling they would come back some other time. She then notices that she had been holding her breath during those moment. She heaves a long deep breath as relief washes her over.