Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Artemis

" Isn't there a way to help Serene?" I told Athena.

" Seeing you like this is rare" she commented from her seat

" She's my friend, it's a default action to help her"

" Friends could either be poison or cure, I've been telling you that. Your friend is poisoned and now you're trying to give her cure, that is friendship too" she said deep. I've been schooled to this kind of speech.

" I can't just wait and watch the demons take her soul. Her facade is strong but she's weeping inside." Serene's life will not be content if her past will continue to haunt her. Perhaps she barely sleep at night.

" Believe it or not, I too wanted the same but we need the help of another two"

" Who?"

" You'll know soon" Athena

" You have visitor my lady" a butler came in and said it to Athena.

" Who is it?" I questioned but she didn't answer and stare at the door instead.

Slowly, I heard quick steps approaching followed by rumbling and growling. Finally, a big brown wolf revealed itself from the door, its eyes are piercing and has sharp pointed teeth. In the blink of an eye it turns to a woman wearing bohemian clothes.

" The spell for our clothes is really convenient, thanks to the witches" she said and sat without invitation. It thrilled me how comfortable she is in a foreign territory

" You should ask them too for your shedding furs" I'm expecting she would be insulted but I prove myself wrong when they started laughing.

" Same old Athena" the woman commented

" How have you been Ezra?" Athena

" Fine"

" Fine is boring" Athena

" Exactly" the woman named Ezra replied

" This is Artemis, the youngest Sinclair" Athena pointed at me

" What a young beautiful girl" she said. She reached for both my cheeks and returned to her seat after.

" So what is this fun you were talking about in your letter" Ezra asks excitedly and took the tea Athena offered. She drank it uncautiously demonstrating her great trust and reliance to Athena.

I notice Athena's eyes on me and motioned me to close the door and so I did .

" Let's breach the castle" Ezra choked on the tea and coughed many times. Either me almost trip on my way back.

" Are you crazy? That's not fun, that's scary" Ezra

" I thought you wanted to have some fun" Athena

" Yes but this is not my definition of fun" Ezra elaborates

" Let's go to her and let her decide then" Athena suggested which I didn't understand

" She won't agree with this" Ezra concluded

" We'll see" Athena challenged

We immediately took a ride and the two won't tell me where we are going until we arrive at the cottage.

" Let's go" Athena said excitedly, this kind of reactions coming from her today are rare to see. I have to pinch myself just to be sure I'm not dreaming. I saw them approaching the cottage and I have to stop them because no one would.