Chapter 6

Chapter 6

She's waving her hand at the moving car until it is out of sight

'So beautiful yet evil'

She remembered what she felt when she hold her hands. It was cold and dark, she didn't see anything clear, just pure darkness and evil. No wonder Aliss got lost and the source of all that is the necklace.

Why such a pure soul wielding an evil piece?

It is clear to her how the evil piece surround the lass when she touched her hands. She can still feel the pain it inflicted when she tried to enter her soul. It was throbbing between her clothes struggling to be unleash but she seems oblivious to it.

Serene

I'm moving up the stairs to the third floor in unbusy pace, lunch is nearing its end and I am planning to head first to the classroom before anyone. Compared to earlier the hallways are now vacant I thought I'm the only one in the floor but I was wrong. When I turn the corner Zachary is pinned on the wall I quickly hide my disturbance and invent my confidence, a little more step and I would passed him anyway.

" Can we talk?" he asks delicately, different from the tone he used the other day.

I turn to him but I remained silent hoping he'd guess my unspoken word of saying 'sure let's talk' as I'm afraid I would end up being sarcastic.

" I'm sorry. I don't mean to scare you or anything I just..I" he stumbles for words but I don't think he can find any. He seems vulnerable not like the vain and scary man Liyah or rather Rue had been talking about.

" It's okay" I said. He is taken a back probably didn't expect me to forgive him but I don't want to make this conversation long. His face lit up, it seems to me I had unloaded a bit of his burden but I think there's more.

He stood there seemingly hesitant, I waited by staying on my feet but he remained still. I start to turn away that earned panic from him

" WAIT" he freaks out.

" I heard your conversation with the witch" he added

" That's rude"

" I know and I'm sorry" it's a bit annoying every time he apologizes it seems that I'm the bad guy here

"I could help you"

" Help me what?" I prompted, I want to know the extent of what he heard

" Help you find who put that bracelet " his eyes fell on my right hands then anger started to crawl up in his orbs.

" I'm not sure" hesitation arise

" Don't worry, I'm not doing anything to you, I won't hurt you, I won't even lay a hand on you, I just want to repent on what I've done" he sounds desperate on my approval, I know he also had hidden intentions about this, he also wants to know who put it but not as much as I want to. The knowledge of it is also killing me, at this rate this man could only be my oasis.

" Okay" I approved

" Really?" his thin lips started to curve into smile, on closer look he wasn't really that scary. He's actually good-looking like a prince in fairy tales who'll take you to a wonderful castle while riding his white horse.

I nod

" I'll fetch you when the sun hits the horizon at east" hearing the bell signaling the end of lunch I instinctively ran to my next class almost forgotten his existence. I glanced back at him he is staring at me, he doesn't seems bad but I'm not that comfortable around him unlike Zeke.