Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Serene

I never wanted the night yesterday to end but my heart aches severely. Zeke had found her mate long before. Maybe it was better if he had lie then maybe I wouldn't feel this pain. He has a mate and he's a vampire. I'm a human and cursed by my previous past.

The shadows didn't actually bother me. I might had been afraid once but those bunch of shadow from last night strangely didn't fright me at all.

I was actually hoping that he was my mate but yesterday Lilith destroy that hope. My current state is already pitiful , my soul is marked and awaiting death but Zeke's letter gave me salvation which end up in anguish.

Heather

Though the hall was filled with numbers of people no one is brave enough to make any noises. We were the first to arrived which was followed by the wolves and soon the witches. The King is seated highly on his throne, Eustace on his right and the dire wolf, Kill, on his left. I could see that every females are dressed up hoping to allure him like every other gathering but none seems able to turn his head the only thing that he shows affection to is the wolf which made us all envious.

I reminisce the past as I stare at the King. It was in the afternoon when the flowers started to bloom, my father was invited in the palace. He is an important person in the vampire race, his opinion matters and listened to until the new king claim the throne. My father was excited it's been so long since he visited the palace, he ordered me to come along with the intent to marry me off to the new king. I despise the idea but marriage for polical gain doesn't surprise me, it was common for family between vampires in order to retain their current power and standing. I was allowed to roam around the palace while I was waiting for my father's return. The fragrance of flowers led me to the beautiful garden. They're blooming at its finest, falling petals is flowing with the winds, dancing gracefully. It was a wonderful sight, I've walk deeper in the garden then I saw him. A man resting on the furs of a white wolf, petals of flowers is scattered around him as the others are still falling. I wanted to move closer but I'm too scared to wake him up. I stayed from afar just watching and hidden, if it wasn't for my father's calling I probably never left. He told me that starting today I would be a queen candidate I madly opposed especially after meeting the man in the garden but when I saw the new king I fell in love for the second time on the very same man.

Eustace motioned the guards and they drag six men inside until they are kneeling before the King. Three of them are vampires, two wolves and one witch.

" Your highness those are the rogues who massacre a whole village of humans"

He gazes them with nothing in his eyes, he is clearly uninterested and visibly annoyed. I don't understand why he'd stop the annihilation of man when they clearly doesn't matter to him. He doesn't seem to have any likings on human.

Eustace came close and told him an additional information

" They are friends with the vampire you mudered almost two and half months ago" after hearing that his eyes started to change. Instead of boredom, ferocity appears. It is terrifying. Eyes I've never seen before.

" Why did you target that village?" he spat with venom. One of the wolves sneer.

" You're no King to me. A King will make the angels tumble then fall and lead the demons to rise from hell. He is coming, the true king, the Demon King, my only king" he spits on the ground with pure distaste.

The King swivel his right hand the same time the neck of the wolf snap. The other five is covered with horror afraid that they might be the next.