Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Serene

Sorrow, grief and distress is everywhere the morning after.

" That was unfair. I did all my best just to look fine last night, even ditched my date"

I heard them all agreed, so far this is the noisiest breakfast I ever had. Liyah is also unhappy she's nodding her head consequently to agree on their early complains.

" But did you see the look in Heather's face?"

" Yeah I think she thinks the King will asked her to dance" they all laughed

" He could have at least give notice if he won't come"

" Duh as if he'll do that. He's a king he can do whatever he wants"

" Yeah I know but-" a girl tried to complain but she just sighed on her unfinished sentence.

" I'm going Liyah" I whispered

" Are you alright?" my brows crinkle from not getting her. She noticed it and pointed out the band aid on my neck. I froze.

" Yeah I'm good, I-I was just biten by an insect" I reasoned and immediately walked out not giving her anymore time to ask.

From the time I arrived at school I went to the field hoping to find Diyo but he is nowhere in sight. I don't even have any idea on which class he belongs to. I wanted to ask him many things about the rejection and the shadows too. I'm aware he's a stranger but he seems to know a lot. I saw the open window from the library and remembered something.

I ran into it and didn't took long before I reach the place. Hurriedly I went to the shelves not minding the piercing stare of the librarian she doesn't seems to like me the first day anyway. I went looking for it but it was gone to where I put it before. I checked all the books in the shelves even looked under but it's irrecoverable. With no other resort, I gather all the daring I have and approach the librarian.

" Excuse me?" I started but she doesn't faze, she just continued stamping the pile of books in the desk.

"Excuse me?" I repeated but still no effect.

" If you're listening, do you know where I can find the nameless books?" instantly a tick mark forms on her forehead and stared at me with slitted eyes.

"We have thousands of books from all over the world for different subject that comes in various size and shape and now you're looking for a ridiculous book. Are you mad?" she said all that without breathing.

To avoid any big scenes I was the first to leave she was still saying something which I purposely didn't pay heed. I heard the bell and run to my class.

It's already late when I reach the dorm after trying to recover the book but after spending lots of effort I was not paid.

I am exhausted and went straight to my bed. If I knew this would happen I shouldn't have let go of that book. My eyes flew on my desk as I remember the homework we we're given. I was startled when something is seated above the table.I neared it. It is right then when Liyah came in saying that the dinner is ready.

" Did someone came in here Liyah?"

" I don't think so. I went here right after class but it was locked so I assumed you were not here."

" Okay, I'll be down in a minute"

" Yeah sure"

When Liyah left I slowly pick up the book that laid in front then flip it.