Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Serene

Zachary and his family left early that morning for the gathering. Ezra stayed behind and promised to catch up later. We purposely arrived late at the palace gate. Ezra said that if too early we'll bump with the vampires and if on time the wolves and witches will see us so we choose to be late.

" As long as you're wearing that, they won't smell you" Ezra said it to me earlier. She also mentioned not to talk much when we arrived at the palace especially if it's about the plan because many could hear. The wardens of the palace gate came approaching on their clinking armours.

" Let us in. We came for the gathering" Ezra said with authority

" Everyone is already in. Are you sure to enter? The King will not tolerate his tardy subjects." the man said

" But the King will not be forgiving if we didn't attend this gathering" Ezra. The warden moves his head at me and stares with question. His eyes moved to the bracelet while I held my breath in. I was able to expel all the air on my lungs when he finally motioned the other men to raise the gate.

" Stay by me at all times" Ezra's reminder that she drilled on my mind before coming here.

Ezra's steps are neat, clean and proud. Everyone we pass by can't look her in the eyes, it perfectly hides me.

" You're here" I thought Ezra said it but she denied about saying anything when I ask 'What?'

We reach the place where we suppose to rendezvous with Athena but she's not there. We spotted a door creaking loudly and opening on its own.

" Come on" Ezra invites. We entered the door and it slammed loudly behind our back.

" This room is safe, no one could eavesdrop" Athena came into view

" Where is Artemis?" I inquire

" She's downstairs making excuse for my absence" she aims to Ezra afterwards
" Get down there, your pack is already looking for you. I'll take care of this from here." Ezra agreed

" Thank you Ezra" I uttered and hugged her real tight

" Be careful now, okay?" she reminded both of us and left the same door

" The gathering will soon commence and we'll use this opportunity to roam around the palace. I've already checked some and this floor is the only left." Athena told me to take the west wing while she takes the east.

I've been moving swiftly checking every room I could find west of the palace. Every second is crucial, it feels like a time bomb awaiting to explode.

" You're almost there" I hear that faint voice again

" Who are you?" I move around trying to find the owner of the voice

" I am what you seek" she answered

" Where are you?"

" Follow my voice and you'll find me" she stated. My feet move to where the voice is at, it led me to a dark room

" Are you here?"

" I am yet I'm not" she replied in riddle

" What do you mean?"

" I am near"

I followed the voice and went to the direction where I last heard it but it ends on the wall. I don't get it. I tried to talk to her again but there was no respond.