Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Serene

It is the usual sort of Monday that people would complain from being too far from Friday. I'm tapping my fingers impatiently while it's resting on the surface of my desk, school hours will soon be over any minute. The professor's gaze flew on me, he grimaces and narrows his eye on my finger as it continues to do the present task. He's probably now aware of my itching desire to get out of this room. He is about to confront me certainly to humiliate me, a human dishonoring his class when the bell rings out. I think it's what they call saved by the bell.

Feeling lucky I confidently stand from my seat, I still felt the burning eye of my teacher beaming at me as I walk out the door but I care less.

I'm grateful that everything seems well aside from the daily predator stare I had every time I enter the school. Kira Eleazar the girl from my history class still hates me, she seems cursing me through her glares every time we bump into each other. I'm striding through the long corridors of the school, persistently glancing from left to right, giving an eye to every boy with midnight hair I walk pass through. From the right corner of the hallway I caught sight of a boy with his back on me, he has a raven hair, I was about to approach him but when he looked at my direction I had to immediately stop.

He's not the one.

Two days had passed since I'd met the boy from the lake, during that weekend I had asked my dorm mates about him but they don't even bother hearing me out. It may sound so desperate that I even asked them who obviously dislike me, even I, don't understand why I put such effort to pull measures that will only embarrass me. Much of my shock, I get up early today so I could have time to wonder the school grounds hoping that I would run into him. Right now I'm starting to question my stability and sanity, I felt so agitated that I almost skip class and made my professors annoyed.

Due to my depleted hope, I've come to conclusion that he's not attending this school. With my shoulders dropping low partnered with my head down, I slowly move my feet forward until my head banged into something pure solid with a loud thud. I anxiously look around yearning that no one had seen my shame while my right hand find its way to my forehead. I wish it won't develop a lump. I sigh relief after realizing that no one is near the vicinity then gaze in front and was greeted by a door with letters scribbled on it that reads

LIBRARY

I waltz inside, the first thing that I realize is how massive it is, books are glued to the walls that reach the ceilings, there are also stairs snaking it all the way up. I slowly spin around so I could get a better view, I've never seen this much books before. I heard someone clearing her throat, my eyes followed the sound and found someone that looks like a librarian giving me an annoyed look. Embarrassed, I quickly find my way to the shelves to avoid her angry eyes.

The books are perfectly stacked in the shelves, I trace my fingers in the spine of each books and stop at one particular. I took it out and find it strange as I saw the cover, it is red but what makes it odd is the absence of its title. I flip it over, thinking its proper orientation might be the other way around but similar to the other side, it still doesn't hold any title.

Intrigued, I sat beside the huge window and settled there as I open the nameless book.

Hundreds of years back humans are oblivious to the existence of the dark creatures. Humans are much weaker, frail and vulnerable while dark creatures are born strong, powerful and blessed with immortality. The three great races: The vampire, the werewolves and the witches are the ones who's in power over the dark creatures. As years goes by they started to question the dominance of the human and think that it was shame that instead of them humans are the ones who rules the earth. They wanted themselves to selfishly govern that brought them to rage war and propose the annihilation of man.