Chapter II

Assassin's pov:

I sat in a corner in my cell quietly as I listen to the bicker of the inmates. Most of them will be released when Lord Shen deems them that they wouldn't be able to betray him, but personally, I think they should stay here because they bicker a lot. I try to sleep peacefully in my now clean clothes with my armor on. You'd never know if you'd have to get up and immediately leave, leaving everything behind in turn so I have to stay prepared and that meant I had to sleep with armor on - and, yes, it is very uncomfortable.

"Hey. Hey you.", I turn towards the sound of a deep voice to my right to see it was coming from Master Ox. Both Master Ox and Master Croc were looking at me.

"What?", I said bluntly and rather rudely.

"You're Assassin, right?", Master Croc asked in his husky voice.

"Is it Halloween?", I spat. I know it's disrespectful to spit at masters, and I may be loyal, but I don't take respect to anyone and I don't partake in anyone's business.

"Sorry. I wanted you to help us.", Master Ox said.

"With what?"

"We need you to eliminate Lord Shen and destroy his weapon to destroy all of China and kung fu."

"And with what do you owe me with, Masters Ox and Croc?", I said as if their names were venom on my tongue.

"No need to be feisty, Assassin.", Master Croc said.

"Oh, don't talk to 'em! He's always like that! Should be beheaded for the sake of China.", Lu started. I was now enraged. I stepped out of my cell and went in Lu's. I see him begin to cower before I even grasp his fat neck into my long fingers, squeezing the life out of him. He squeaks and gasps for air as I glare at him with pointed orange eyes. The jail becomes quiet and I think Lu's punishment was enough for today, and I was tired, so I then released him, making him drop to the ground.

"One more word out of you and you get your tongue cut off and another broken leg!", I threatened him. The whole jail was in silence of fear. You see. They all fear me.

"So? What do you propose to offer?", I ask as I turned back to Master Ox.

"We'll give a thousand gold yuan."

"Hmm...," I hummed. "That is a bit more than what my masters offer me. I'll take it. I'll have Lord Shen eliminated and destroy that weapon."

With a thousand gold yuan, I might get a new weapon to finish off Lu with. Maybe a katana. Or a hatchet. Maybe. For now, I'm sticking with my two large knives, shurikens, smoke bombs, and throwing daggers. If I need to destroy the weapon and eliminate Lord Shen at the same time, there will probably be a lot of guards. I need more shurikens, smoke bombs and throwing daggers. I then started to leave the jail, passing by my lock-picked cell. As an assassin, you should know how to pick locks to get yourself out and be extremely cautious, quiet, stealthy, and fast. Me being a fox - well a maned wolf, I have all of those advantages.