Chapter IX

Tigress' pov:

As Mantis attacked the general, Assassin came out of nowhere and threw two daggers near the foot of Shen. Viper was finally able to get the cuffs undone so we lashed out and started to attack Shen's army. I saw that Assassin tried to attack Shen, but got large cut on his side.

"Po! Get Shen!", I said.

"On it!", Po said as he knocked out a wolf and turned to fight Shen. I knocked out the gorilla guard as I turned to run towards Assassin. He was on the ground with his back against the red jade column.

"Are you alright?", I asked.

"Yeah. It's just a cut. I'll be fine.", he said. I removed his paw to see that that cut was deep and would probably need stitches.

"You're not fine. It's deep. We should get you out of here."

"Why do you care!?", his question struck me hard. Why did I care? I don't know. Maybe it was the fact that he reminds me of Fang.

"You remind me of someone... Someone close to me.", I said.

"And you remind me of someone important I just lost, Kitten.", he said. I was shocked for a little while. I was still a little bit mad that he called me that pet name, but he also told me something different that had shocked me and might confirm my suspicions on him being Fang.

I shook the feeling off as I wrapped Assassin's arm on my shoulder. I saw Po let Shen get away as he flew over to another tower. Several arrows lit on fire on that tower and flew our way, but we were able to dodge them. We were able to destroy the weapon in this tower, but there were more weapons similar to the one we destroyed in the other tower Shen just flew in. He was trying to burn the tower down so we would burn down with it. Po then almost fell down the tower, but Viper, Mantis and Monkey caught him.

"Po!", Viper yelled. "Get him up!"

"No! Get him down! Use the ropes!", I said.

"You would make a pretty good leader, Kitten.", Assassin said, giving off a light smirk that made my face heat up.

"T-thanks.", I said. Gosh. I blushed. I hope he didn't see it though.

Assassin's pov:

It was cute on how Kitten actually cared for me when I got cut on the side by Lord Shen. It was also cute when she adorably blushed when I commented on her being a good leader. That was when I realized that the bottom of the tower was on flames.

"No! Get the panda up! It's the only way out of the tower!", I said. Kitten then helped me as I limped to get up to the top of the Tower of the Sacred Flame. Even if we were able to make it down, the tower would collapse, meaning that it could burry us.

"Where are they going?!", I heard Lord Shen's voice from the distance. Wow. He was really loud and annoying.

The tower soon fell as we all grabbed on one of the edges of the tower's roofs.p as we waited for the impact of the fall. After that, Shen's guards were roaming everywhere on the streets. We had to sneak pass by them to get to the only safest place where we could take a breather, Gongmen Jail.