Chapter VII

Tigress' pov:

I don't know what kind of plan Po had in mind for us. He was sure to have a well made plan in mind to say that we surrendered unless his plan was actually not going to work and it was just stupid. So in case his plan doesn't work me and the rest have made a plan of our own. Viper was going to break the locks of our cuffs with her sharp tail and we will attack Lord Shen and his army and destroy the weapon. I also forgot that Assassin needed our help in his plan, but he never told us his plan anyways. Oh! And you know who is in Mantis' cage? It isn't actually him. It was one of Po's action figures of Mantis. It was actually pretty genius to use his action figure.

We entered the Tower of the Sacred Flame where the emperor and empress would live in with many wolves and two gorilla guards surrounding us. The area had a red jade floor with stairs spiraling upwards. This tower was an ancestral dwelling for the Peacock Clan and Shen was suppose to inherit it, but then we heard he got banished. Po was sure to throw up while climbing up these stairs and eventually give up climbing it.

"Ah. My old enemy.", he stated.

"Stairs."

Assassin's pov:

I watched from within the shadows above them as they entered the Tower of the Sacred Flame and climbed the spiral stairs. It was hilarious! The panda threw up somewhere on the third floor, and on the sixth floor, his legs eventually gave up so a gorilla guard had to carry him up. This was the first time in my life have I ever laughed out of true happiness. I would usually have to fake a laugh so as not to be rude.

I didn't know I was staring for that long until I was almost spotted by the general of Lord Shen. I hid behind a column as I let go of a breath I didn't. know I was holding until the general stopped looking my direction. 'That was close.', I thought with a sigh of relief. I should be more careful or I'll be in the mercy of Lord Shen.

I followed my decoys up the stairs as I climbed up the many roofs of the tower. I could understand why Lord Shen could take over the city without being stopped by the emperor and empress... Or should I say his parents. Yup. Lord Shen was the prince of Gongmen City. His parents died because he killed them... I think? Anyways, his parents died so he was able to gain the role of authority by taking it forcibly. Honestly, I respect the emperor and empress, but him, I have no remorse for him if I have to eliminate him. He was corrupted by vengeance. I'll tell you the story.

The emperor and empress gave birth to a baby peacock named Shen. He was a white peacock unlike his parents who were blue. They loved Shen so much. Lord Shen's father wanted to give him the title of Emperor when he retires, but he didn't because one day, he summoned a goat to tell them Shen's future. It wasn't a good future from what the goat had foretold. The goat told them that Shen's heart was filled with darkness just like how Master Oogway didn't give the Dragon Warrior title to Tai Lung because he saw darkness in his heart too.

Unfortunately, Shen heard of this and become enraged. He sought everything to become emperor, but that changed. He wanted more. It wasn't enough for him to rule over just one city. He wanted to rule all of China. So, he sent an army and killed his beloved parents and his once innocent mind had been corrupted by greed.

Everyone knows this story and none of the people in Gongmen City dare step up to Lord Shen. Even their children know of this because the story was passed on from father to son, and from son to the son of the father's son.