Chapter V

Tigress' pov:

We entered Gongmen Jail to see that Masters Ox and Croc were inside a cell. I heard Po gasp as he runs up to their cell. 'How did they end up in jail? We thought thy were killed.', I wondered. Monkey and Crane then took watch from above us and Monkey made us a signal created from a sound Crane makes to tell us if any wolves appear at the entrance.

"Since when do I make that sound?", Crane complained.

"Masters Ox and Croc! You're alive! I thought you were dead!", Po exaggerated. "Come one, let's get you out of h-", before Po could finish his sentence, a rough, deep, and hoarse voice echoed throughout the building.

"LU!!! Where is it!?!", a figure wearing a hood and assassin armor yelled as he approached a cell. He grabbed a pig by the neck and growled angrily at him, his black eyes glaring daggers at the pig.

"Where is it, Lu!?"

"Where is what?", the pig, Lu, feigned innocence with beads of sweat running down his forehead and fear lacing through his eyes.

"The pendant. Where is it!? I know you have it!!"

"I have no idea what you are talking about, Assassin?", Lu said. The assassin named 'Assassin' dropped him on the ground as he punch Lu's jaw and broke his leg.

"Where!? You have one last chance before I eliminate you!", Assassin threatened.

"H-here! T-t-take it! Just don't kill me!", Lu said as he handed Assassin a blood red pendant.

"Who's that?", Mantis asked, pointing at Assassin who just clipped a pendant around hit neck.

"He is Assassin.", Master Ox said.

"The greatest assassin in China. Most loyal, but not friendly.", Master Croc added.

"You don't want to mess with him. He's very violent and doesn't take no for an answer. He also doesn't take to anyone very kindly.", a duck said.

"He's known to be a cold-hearted brute. Mess with him and you'll be at the edge of the cliff!", an old possum said. Somehow, Assassin felt familiar. He had Fang's safe and homey presence and his deep voice. He had black eyes like Fang's that seemed to pierce right through from under his dark hood.

"I requested him to eliminate Lord Shen and the weapon for a good price of a thousand yuan.", Master Ox said.

"We were also going to destroy the weapon and overthrow Shen.", Viper said.

"Hey! Why not join us? It will be easier and it will get us to know each other!", Po said.

"Watch your tongue, panda! I work alone!", Assassin growled out.

"And what gives you the right to yell at us?", I interfered. The sharp end of his large knife was pointed in front of my face.

"You should carefully watch yours, Kitten, 'cause when I catch you spitting at me again you will get your tongue cut off from your mouth. The same goes for you, Lu!", Assassin yelled as Lu cowered in fear and crawled further back in his cell. I seemed to be attracted to Assassin, but I also seem to be repulsed by him because he was intimidating. 'Just like Fang.', I thought.

Assassin then went into his cell and took out a blade sharpener. He sharpen his knives as he sharpened some of his daggers too. It was weird though. Fang loves using knives and used them as a weapon when in battle, yet Assassin, he also uses knives. Could he be Fang? No. Fang died two years ago. I saw him. But then what about Assassin's pendant? It looks exactly like the one Fang used to wear, although a bit cracked and dusty it still looked like an exact replica of it. But maybe I might be wrong.