Chapter X

Tigress' pov:

"Are you sure you don't need someone to look at that cut?", I asked Assassin as he took out a cloth from his cell and soaked it in a bucket full of water before wiping off the blood from his armor and red-stained leather clothes.

"Yes, I am. Now, would you mind to not look at me, Kitten.", I growled softly at him. I hated it when people call me 'Kitten'. But somehow, when Assassin says it, it feels... normal... as if he is supposed to call me that.

I see Assassin get out some needle and thread, so I turn back to talk to Po about letting Shen go when he had the opportunity to catch him while he wasn't in defense. Why did he let him go? That is the question I will find out myself even if I have to push him around for it.

"Po, why did you let Shen go?", I said calmly, but anger and irritation was still lacing my voice.

"Um... Y'know. It was part of my plan! To... Um... Let him go and....", Po said sheepishly but couldn't finish his sentence.

"You're staying here."

"What?! I have to go!"

"Why?"

"I'm the Dragon Warrior!"

"No," I said. He tried to pass me by using a dramatic exit, but I pushed him back.

"You're staying here!", I said sternly in a firm tone. He got up and finally confessed why he let Shen go.

"He was there! He was there... He knows what happened that night with my parents. The hardcore wouldn't understand.", Po said. My face softened as I looked at him with pity. I ran up to him to hug him.

"Tigress! No!", Viper said as she thought I was going to hit Po again. This time, I talked to him softly.

"The hardcore does understand... But I can't see my friend getting beat up.", I said as I pulled away from the hug and walked to the exit.

"Uh... Would you care to see me not getting beat up?", Crane asked as he held his sprained wing close to him. 'As if.', I thought.

"Don't push it.", I said coldly as we all walked outside except Po.

Assassin's pov:

What a touchy moment. Seems like Kitten and the panda have a really good connection. I could feel myself getting jealous, but I don't know why? Why was I so jealous about this?! I barely know Kitten. When she hugged the panda, or Po, I felt a growl almost erupt my throat. Why? Me and Kitten had nothing special together, so it shouldn't matter.

I then finish stitching up and bandaging up my cut before putting back on my clothes and armor and then laying down in the cot to get some rest, but Po nudges me awake much to my displeasure and annoyance. He says, "Hey, Assassin? Hey. You awake?"

"I'm awake, panda. What do you want? I'm tired.", I spat.

"Could you come with me and we'll get Shen?"

"And why should I do that, panda? I'm already on a mission."

"You see, if we both go after Shen, you were ordered to eliminate him, right? You could eliminate him and I could ask him how he knows my parents!", Po said.

"Hmm... That sounds like a fair trade. Very well then, panda. You've earned my trust. Not many can do that."

"Is it because you like Tigress?", I froze, tensing up a bit. I just casually shrugged. Me liking Tigress was not the reason I could easily trust the panda, he just seemed like a character who was gullible and those people are quite those you can trust. And I definitely do not like Kitten.

"It's easy to know she has a crush on you. I've seen how she looks at you. It's obvious.", Po said.

"I'm nothing special.", I said as Po and I headed out in a whole after I had rested to take on Shen without Kitten and the others.