Hurt

MICHAEL'S POV :

I am hurt. The day when I thought that I will be her boyfriend she says she already got one.

What should I do now?

"You can't tell my brother or your sister, ok?"she said nervously.
I just nodded smiling.

"Why?"I just asked her. I don't know what to say now.
"All my friends have boyfriends so when he asked me out I thought to just give it a try. There is something else too that I want to tell but you won't get angry, promise?"she said nervously.

I just nodded. What else bad news is left now?

"He..he is..he is a play boy and the most famous guy in the college. Don't get angry I promise I won't get attached to him. Going out with him is nothing for me."she said trying to convince me not to be angry.

He is a player. It means he will leave Susi soon and find a new girl for himself. That's good..but I don't want Susi to get hurt. She said she won't get attached but she will. She is naive and get attached to people very easily. I am really very worried about her now. I just want that stupid play boy out of her life before it makes her sad in the end.

"You know you don't have to do this. If you want to experience what your friends do then I can help you."I said winking.
She looked at me for a second and then started laughing.
"You always make me laugh."she said laughing.
I too laughed because I knew she will never agree to it that's why I always hesitated to ask her to be more than just friends.

"I was wondering if you will help me keep this Stance thing a secret from my brother. Oh, by the way his name is Stance Kelsall. You will help me, right?"she asked with those hopeful eyes to which I can never say no.
I sighed and nodded.

"Really!!! Thank you so much!!!!"she beamed and hugged me.

Her phone buzzed in her jeans pocket. She took it out and read the message and looked at me.
"He asked me on a date."she said smiling.
"Oh."I said my heart sinking. She is going on a date with someone else.

"But, I can't let him pick me up because that way Vis will know about him. So, can you pick me up from my home and also drop me back home after the date?"she asked biting her lower lip.

"Sure. I will be there to pick you up at seven, if that's fine?"I said smiling. I am happy that she wants me to pick her up and also drop her back. At least she wants me at every step in her life.

"Sure."she said and typed in her phone. Then looked at me and said," Then I will be going."

"I will drop you."I offered.
"No, I brought Elsa's car so I will just take it."
I nodded and she went out of the door. I kept staring at the closed door.

I sighed and went to my desk and sat on my chair. I have to get information about this Stance guy to make sure she is safe when she is with him.
I picked up my phone and dialled a number. I know who can do this job for me, the only person who have always done this till now.

"Hello!"said Loren. My detective not to forget most efficient one. He works for me as well as Travis and is very loyal too.
"Hello, Loren! I need you to find all the details about a guy named Stance Kelsall. He studies in Susan's college. I need each and every detail about him even a small one too. And most importantly, Travis shouldn't know about this."I said to him.
"Sure sir."he said and I disconnected the call. I just sat in my chair with my heart hurting.

*******

I rang the door bell and Travis opened the door.
I saw him dressed casually in jeans and shirt. I think he is going out because he is dressed so nicely.

He gave me a confused look.
"What? Can't I come here?"I said getting in.
"Of course you can. But, I am going out with Grace for dinner. You know, right? Grace must have told you"he said.
I forgot. Grace was saying something about it but I was so engrossed in my own world that I didn't give any attention to her.

"Ya, she said."I said looking around to see the girl I wanted to.

"Mickey!"Susi said and came towards me. She isn't dressed yet. I gave her a confused look.
She just came and hugged me.
"Vis came home so early and I didn't know what to say if he asked me why I was dressed up so I was just waiting for you."she whispered in my ear.

"Travis, where are you both going for dinner?"I asked him.
"The same place where we first went on a date, Rosy's cafe."he said smiling.
"Then I guess you should hurry and go to pick her up. Anyways, I and Susi are also going out for dinner."I said.

He shouldn't mind that. I know he would have if I don't ask him before. But now he wants me and Susi to be together so I guess just telling him is enough.

"Oh...then we can all go together. What say?"he asked smiling.
I don't mind the idea as it will mean Susi going with me and not that Stance guy. I looked at Susi and saw her nervous.
"No, we don't want to be hindrance between you two love birds. Right, Susi?"I said looking at Susi. I saw her face light up which made me smile.
He sighed and said,"Ok. But take care of Sus and drop her back on time."
"Travis, go. Otherwise Grace will get angry on you for coming late."I said.

He nodded and gave Susi a hug and gave a pat on my back and went out.

I looked at Susi. She was smiling at me.
"Thank you so much for handling the matter for me."she said and hugged me.
I chuckled at how she gets happy for such small things.
"Go and get ready. Otherwise, you will really have to go for dinner with me as your date will just go home after waiting for you."I said and she jumped and ran to her room.

I sat on the couch and sighed.
Maria, their house maid, brought me a cup of coffee which I always have when I come here.
I smiled and thanked her.

*****

"Thanks."Susi said when I opened the door for her. She got out and turned to me.
"I am nervous."she said smiling nervously.
"Why?"I frowned. This really makes me mad.
"You said this is nothing and that you won't get attached then why are you being nervous."I said as calmly as I can.
She sighed. "You are right. I won't be nervous and won't get attached. I will call you when the dinner is over."she said and went inside.

I just stared at her back. "Don't get attached or fall for him, please."I whispered to myself and closed my eyes.

What should I do now? I can't go inside there to spoil her date or go anywhere else for dinner as I am not hungry and food can't slide down my throat knowing that she is inside with that play boy who must be trying to woo her.

I will just sit in my car and wait for her to return.
I take out the lip gloss from my pocket, I brought it for her from my business trip. I always bring gifts for her and Grace wherever I go. This time I saw this pink lip gloss in a banner and I remembered Susi saying that she wants to buy it as soon as it's launched. And me being me did everything and bought this lip gloss before lauch.

I wanted to give her as soon as I met her so that I can see this on her lips but when she told me about her getting a boyfriend I thought that it will be better not to give her. I don't want this lip gloss on some play boy's lips. Just the thought of her kissing any other guy makes me mad. I thought she will be happy seeing this gift but instead she gave me a huge shock.

Michael is doing his best to keep the promise he made with Susan. Will he be able to keep his feelings hidden for long now? Will Susan really have her first kiss with someone else?