I. Secrets Discovered

*Obi-Wan's POV*

Anakin and I walked in awkward silence. The reason why the situation was awkward right then, was that Anakin had just found out that Aure and I shared a secret relationship. I was ashamed.

"So..." Anakin started. "Aure and you... Right?" He teased me with a smirk. I looked at him. His eyes had that spark of naughtiness that had been there since he was a small boy.

I sighed. "Anakin, please, don't be a child."

"I'm not being a child... How long have you been together?" There was no way of avoiding this conversation.

"Almost three years." I couldn't stop a little smile to appear on my face as I said that.

"You've been hiding this from me for too long, Master. What about the Code?" I felt proud when he said 'master', although he didn't need to call me that anymore.

"Anakin, I know it's forbidden, you don't have to lecture me. It just feels... Right." It was weird, I felt like a padawan being scolded by his master.

"I always knew that you felt something for her, but I never thought that you would break the Code. You're always telling me not to get attached, and now-" I didn't let him finish.

"I know. I've been a hypocrite to you. I have no excuse for my behavior and I'm sorry." I couldn't bear looking at him.

"No, Obi-Wan." Anakin stopped walking and I did the same. He rested a hand on my shoulder and looked at me seriously. "It's fine. I hope she makes you happy."

I looked at him surprised, but slowly a smile formed on my lips. "She does."

Anakin amazed me

Anakin amazed me. I wasn't expecting such a mature behavior from him. The younger Anakin would have got angry at me for being such a liar; instead, he was incredibly kind, he didn't think I was a horrible Jedi or an awful master or anything like that. What I didn't know was that Anakin understood me completely because, like me, he had formed a secret relationship. Maybe, if he had told me about his love for Padmé, I would have been able to guide him, to stop him from turning to the Dark Side. But he kept it secret and although I knew he felt something for Padmé, the thought of them being a couple never crossed my mind.

We kept on walking to the landing platform, where each of us climbed into a starfighter to start the mission of rescuing the Chancellor. He didn't talk again about Aure or the Code.

*Aure's POV*

As soon as Obi-Wan and Anakin left my apartment, worries invaded my mind. Would Anakin be angry at us? What if he told everything to the Council? Would Obi-Wan come back from the mission?

I decided to visit Padmé in order to forget all of this. She was staying at Coruscant at the moment, in the Senate building. When I knocked on her door and Padmé opened it, she greeted me with a big smile. She was dressed in a light blue nightgown, which was, in my opinion, too fancy to sleep with. Her hair was down and curly; it was unusual of her to have her hair like that. It was too simple if you compare it with the big dresses and extravagant hairstyles she was used to.