XI. Nightmare

*Aure's POV*

My suspicions were proved to be right: I was pregnant; I had been for almost a month. Should I tell Padmé or wait until Obi-Wan was back? I thought about it for two days and decided to tell Padmé; she deserved to know, she had told me about her own pregnancy after all. And so I asked her to come to my apartment that afternoon.

"Pregnant?!" She asked incredulously. I nodded, embarrassed, looking down at my stomach, whose size hadn't changed yet. "That's amazing, Aure!" Padmé exclaimed throwing her arms around me and congratulating me again and again.

I laughed and gently pushed her away. "I don't know what to do, Padmé. Obi-Wan and I decided to wait until the war is over."

"You have to tell him as soon as he comes back, don't wait any longer."

"Will he be angry?" I asked nervous. This reminded me of the time I advised her to tell Anakin about their baby; the situation was so similar.

"Obi-Wan angry with you? I don't think that's possible." She laughed. "He's madly in love with you." I smiled at this.

"Alright, I will let him know when he is back." With that, I helped Padmé to stand up, as her growing belly made her movements more difficult to do.

When Padmé opened the door, I saw Azha kneeling behind it. I looked at the girl with wide eyes and she looked up at me with an embarrassed and scared expression. How much had she heard of our conversation?

"Uh... I should leave." Padmé said before exiting my apartment quickly.

I rubbed my face with my hands, trying to calm down and thinking about what to say to solve this problem.

"Azha, come in and close the door." She obeyed, looking scared of my strict tone. She stood in front of me, her hands behind her back. "It is very rude to listen to other people's conversations."

"I know." She replied ashamed. "Are you angry?"

"No, I'm not." How could I be angry with her if she looked at me like that? I sighed deeply. "What did you hear?"

"Just that you are pregnant. Nothing more." She didn't dare to look at me, her eyes traveled from the floor to my feet and back to the floor. I knew her too well to know when she was lying and this time, she was telling the truth: She hadn't heard anything else. "Obi won't be happy about it." She added.

I frowned and raised an eyebrow. "And why is that?"

"Because he loves you, it's so obvious. He won't like knowing that you are carrying another man's baby." She said sounding quite angry about it herself.

I laughed at her innocence, she really didn't suspect that Obi-Wan and I were together. "Azha, can I tell you a secret?"

She finally looked at my face and nodded eagerly. I knelt down so I was at her height and I leaned forward to her ear, she listened carefully when I whispered "Obi-Wan is the father."

Azha separated our heads and looked at me shocked, asking with her eyes if I was serious; I nodded reassuring her that I wasn't joking. A smile was suddenly drawn on her face and she circled her arms around me strongly. My response was hugging her too, smiling slightly at her reaction; I wasn't expecting her to be so happy about this news.

"I knew you would end up together." I heard the little blonde girl whisper, although her voice wasn't clear because her head was buried in my neck and hair.

I pushed her away gently. "You must promise that you won't tell anybody. You know the rules."

She nodded. "It's forbidden. I promise I won't say anything." I smiled proudly at her and pushed her hair behind her ear.