VII. Fear

*Obi-Wan's POV*

Cody, Aure and I were in a tent trying to come up with a plan to attack one of the separatist bases on Utapau. It had been five days since Aure had come; five days since the last time I had slept. In fact, I hadn't slept well since the day we ended it, but I had managed to get a few hours of sleep every night until she came back. That's why I was so disoriented when Cody and Aure talked about the plan.

"Are you okay, general?" I heard Cody ask when he realized I wasn't paying much attention, which was unusual in me.

"Yes... I just need some fresh air." I told them before exiting.

I walked until I was quite far away from our camp. Fresh air? No. What I really needed was Aure, but she didn't need me anyway. Why would she need someone who would only make her miserable? It was so difficult not to hold her when we were on guard at night and she was shaking because of the cold weather. So difficult not to sneak into her tent, like I would do at the Jedi Temple, and beg her to come back to me. As a Jedi, I had always been trained to control my feelings and actions, it was easy... Except with Aure.

"When was the last time you slept?" Aure asked from behind. She has followed me.

"The day before you came." I answered.

She sighed. "I knew I shouldn't have come." She said quietly to herself, but I heard her perfectly.

"Don't say that. The Republic needed you here... And so did I." I was hoping that she would give me one of her charming smiles, but she didn't. She didn't even say anything. "I'm sorry." I added.

"It's nothing. I know it is hard for you to control what you say. I feel the same." She admitted.

We stared into each other's eyes for some seconds before I heard sounds of blasters coming from the campsite.

Cody talked to me through the comlink. "General Kenobi! Commander Sinder! The Droids are attacking!"

I stood up fast. "Ugh, we can't have a moment of peace, can we?" I complained and Aure smirked at my statement; it wasn't a smile, but it was something.

We ran to the camp. Aure entered the tent where we had been previously to take her blaster. Meanwhile, I gave orders to the clones and ignited my lightsaber. Then, Aure stood next to me with her blaster in hand. I touched her shoulder.

"Be careful." I told her, my eyes stared into her brown ones, begging her to stay alive.

"You too." She replied with a soft smile.

I unconsciously lowered the hand that was resting on her shoulder, reaching for her own hand, but fortunately she drew it back. Her eyes apologized and I understood: No intimate contact; we couldn't go back to what we had.

*Aure's POV*

It was hard to stop Obi-Wan from holding my hand. It was one of the things I missed the most about being together, but there was a battle to fight and we had no time for intimate demonstrations of affection. I stared into his eyes one last time before leaving with a group of clones to the battle.

The droids were getting closer and closer; there were much more droids than what I had expected. Some of them were bigger and stronger than the common droids we were used to. I could see they were carrying some kind of bombs and big machines that looked quite dangerous. I gulped; that was probably the biggest fight I had been to.

The battle started and I am not sure how long it lasted, probably just some hours, but it felt like days to me. It didn't matter how many droids I destroyed, there were always more coming, making the battle last infinitely longer.