II. They're Back!

*Aure's POV*

It had been days since Obi-Wan and Anakin left with some clones to recue Chancellor Palpatine from General Grievous and Count Dooku. There was no news from them and rumours about their death had started to spread all over the Jedi Temple. At first, I didn't believe those rumours, it was not the first time that someone created a fake story. However, with time, I started to believe that something bad had happened to them. They had been gone for too long, although the mission was supposed to take just a few days.

Padmé was as concerned about both of them as me; we wanted to stay together as much as possible to try to make our worries leave. When I wasn't with her, I was in the classroom with the young padawans. At least they managed to make me smile and I was very thankful for that. The way they payed attention to every single word I said made me feel proud of myself.

Since the rumours started, having a nice sleep had become a difficult task. I would cry until I was too tired and, in the middle of the night, I would wake up due to the nightmares, but Obi-Wan wasn't there to calm me down, so I would cry until I fell asleep again. All the thoughts of losing Obi-Wan forever made me feel worse than ever. I knew Dooku and I knew that he wouldn't have hesitated on killing him.

-------

One day, I went back to my apartment from class at lunchtime. I saw Azha sitting on the floor, her back resting on the door. She hadn't gone to class that morning, which was weird because she loved attending the class. Her head was down and her face was hid under her blond messy hair, which was longer now.

"Azha?" I addressed the nine year old girl. Her response was looking at me, letting me see her eyes covered with some tears. "What are you doing here?"

"Where is Obi-Wan?" She asked holding back a sob and trying to keep her voice steady.

I didn't answer. I just extended my hand to her and she took it to stand up; she held it strongly and didn't let go of it, like she feared that I would go away. I opened my apartment's door and carried Azha to the couch, where she sat and brought her knees under her chin.

I sighed when I sat next to her. "What did they tell you about Obi?" I supposed that she had heard the rumours.

"People say that he is dead. Is it true, Aure?" She tried to hold back the tears, but she failed and started to cry.

I had seen her cry before, but not so much, not like that; she had never been so sad. I circled my arm around her and she hugged me strongly as soon as she felt the contact. Her head resting near my shoulder while teardrops escaped her eyes.

"That is just a fake rumour, Azha... He is just... very busy." I assured, trying to convince both her and myself. However, the little girl's cries didn't stop so I embraced her tighter with both arms. "Besides, Obi-Wan is the greatest Jedi in the galaxy, right? Nobody can kill him."

Azha slowly raised her head to look at me and I smiled at her nicely, hoping that she would stop having these thoughts.

"You're right." She gave me a small smile while wiping her tears with her small hands. "He's fine, I think I can sense it through the Force."

Although Azha was young and didn't have a master yet to teach her how to understand the Force, it had been many times that she felt Obi-Wan's feelings thanks to their bond.

"Can I stay with you until night, Aure?" She asked me, her tears almost completely gone by then.

"Of course!" I stood up. "Do you want to go to the Archives?" Azha nodded eagerly in response; she was very excited about going to her favorite place with me and talking about stars and planets.