X. Surprise

*Aure's POV*

I don't know how long I stayed laying with Obi-Wan. I could stay like that forever, in bed with the love of my life with nothing to worry about. We shared light kisses, touches and laughs. The happiness in our hearts was the sweet result of the promises we had made: Marriage, living together, children, family... It was incredible; I had wished for that for so long, now that it was possible, I couldn't believe it. We just had to wait until the war ended and hopefully, it would be soon.

Obi-Wan caressed my hair and I closed my eyes satisfied. He kissed my head softly and whispered against my ear. "Now that you are recovered, the Council will tell me to go back to Utapau soon."

I opened my eyes and thought for a moment. Why did he have to leave me now that I had regained my memory? Now that we were back together? I turned on my side and looked at our linked hands.

"Can't you stay a few more days?" I pleaded with a begging tone in my voice. I wanted to spend as much time as possible with him, to catch up on the lost time.

"I'm afraid I can't." Obi-Wan said and hid his face on the crook of my neck, tickling me with his beard and causing me to giggle lightly. "I'm so sorry, darling."

I moved quickly to sit on his lap and I rested my hands on each side of his head. Obi-Wan looked up at me and smiled widely while his hands snaked to rest on my waist; I smirked and leant down to kiss him. It didn't take long for him to kiss me back passionetly.

When our lips separated, I said "I wish we could be like this every day."

Obi-Wan pulled me down towards him to circle his arms around my body. "Patience. As soon as the war is over, we'll be able to spend as much time as we want together."

I smiled daydreaming. Once the war was over, Obi-Wan would leave the Jedi Order to be with me with no restrictions. I had never imagined that he would do that for me; I knew the Order was his life. The thought of him giving up on it to be with me freely had never crossed my mind. The fact that he was willing to do it made me feel special and loved. But first, there was a war to win. We both knew the Order and the Republic needed him right then; that's why he would wait until there was peace in the galaxy.

Our lips were locked again and our tongues had started to fight against each other, when someone knocked on the main door. We broke the kiss when realization hit us: We had asked Azha to look for Anakin and Padmé and tell them to come.

"Wait a minute!" Obi-Wan shouted to the visitors.

We left the bed and dressed as fast as we could. Obi-Wan opened the door but we only saw Anakin, Padmé wasn't with him. We greeted him and let him in.

"Where is Padmé?" I asked.

Anakin hesitated for some seconds. "She doesn't feel good."

I knew he was lying. Padme's pregnancy was probably too obvious to hide and Anakin didn't want Obi-Wan to know about it. Actually, Anakin didn't even know that Obi-Wan had discovered they were in a relationship. Obi-Wan probably noticed that he wasn't telling us the truth, but he didn't press on the matter; he knew Anakin wouldn't tell him what happened to Padmé even if he asked him to. He was too stubborn.

Anakin tried to talk about something else. "How are you feeling, Aure? Can you remember anything?"

I smirked and gave Obi-Wan a knowing look. "I regained my memory a few hours ago."

Anakin's expression changed from concern to excitement. He hugged me strongly and told me how happy he was again and again.

"Annie, you're going to crush me!" I laughed while trying to break the hug, as his hold of me was becoming too uncomfortable and breathing was more difficult. He quickly let me go and apologized, embarrassed.