III. Missions

*Aure's POV*

I had nothing to do that day. Obi-Wan was busy discussing who knows what with the Council, so I decided to visit Padmé and maybe have a walk together around the city. When she opened her door to me and I entered her large apartment, I saw Anakin trying to hide from me, kneeling behind the yellow couch. I rolled my eyes.

"Ani! I know everything! There's no point in hiding!" I laughed.

Anakin's head poked out from behind the couch and his eyes glanced questioningly at Padmé, who smiled and nodded at her husband.

"When did you find out?" The young Jedi asked once he had stood up.

"I told her." Padmé answered for me. "I'm sorry, Anakin, I thought that she had to know." She explained a bit nervous.

Anakin looked at his wife for a moment, like he was thinking about how to react. For a second, I thought that he would be angry, but he just shrugged and looked at me. "Just make sure that Obi-Wan doesn't know."

With that, Anakin pecked sweetly Padmé's lips and left before I could ask him why he didn't want his old Master to know. Didn't he trust Obi-Wan enough? He had already found out about our relationship anyway.

"Why did you come, Aure?" Asked Padmé with a smile, pulling me out of my own thoughts.

"I just wanted to see you, maybe we could have a walk?" I offered.

Padmé gladly accepted and we left the building to wander around Coruscant. We walked and talked the whole morning,  just like we used to back in Naboo years before; we even had lunch in a small restaurant, which we hadn't done in a long time. Since I left Naboo, it had become difficult to spend some time with my best friend, and even more difficult since the war started.

"So... You have already told Anakin about the baby, haven't you?" I asked her, throwing her a knowing smile.

"Yes, I have." She immediately smiled and brought her hand on top of her growing stomach. I smiled sadly at the scene, knowing that I would never have something like that. "Anakin is very happy about it, the baby is not a problem for him." Her expression totally changed then and she closed her eyes for a moment. "He is having nightmares lately, about me suffering, dying..."

I frowned. "Does he think they will become true?"

"He fears that these will be like the nightmares he had about his mother... The dreams predicted her death." She explained.

"He should tell Obi-Wan and ask him for advice. He could-"

"No!" She interrupted me. "Anakin doesn't want him to know. He believes he would tell the Council."

"If that's what you two want, I won't tell anything, but I really think Obi-Wan could help you and he would tell nobody."

"Talking about Obi-Wan..." She changed the subject of conversation. "How is your romance going on?" She asked with smirk.

"Not really good..." She wasn't expecting that answer and her smirk disappeared. "I really love Obi-Wan, but it is becoming more difficult to maintain a relationship with no promises. I..." I stopped to think how to say what I felt. "I want to get married and live with him, maybe even have a family..." I immediately regretted confessing all those thoughts and emotions. "I shouldn't want that, but I can't change my desires and I know he can't give me any of it because of the Jedi Order. Plus, I almost lost him on the last mission, I can't bear the thought of his death." My eyes were covered by a few tears, but I didn't let them go. 

"Have you talked to him about this?" Asked Padmé, concerned.

"No. I don't want to tell him; what for? He wouldn't change his mind even if I told him." I gave a nervous laugh, trying to make the situation less uncomfortable.