VIII. Forgotten

*Aure's POV

I slowly opened my eyes. The white light of the room blinded me. It took me some seconds to finally open my eyes completely and look around to try to find out where I was. I didn't recognize the place at all. How long had I been there?

I could feel someone's hand holding mine strongly and I turned around to look at it. My eyes went up the person's arm until I saw a pair of blue eyes; they were so familiar. Why? I blinked and took a better look at the person: A man was sitting besides me. He had light brown hair, a little bit messy, like he had run his hands throught it a lot. Some freckles were on his face, and a beard that surrounded a big kind smile... Who was he? Where was I? Who was I? I could remember nothing. What had happened to me?

Many questions filled my mind, but only one escaped my mouth. "Who are you?"

For any reason, the man's smile disappeared when he heard my question. I let go of his hand, although holding it also felt so familiar and... Strangely nice. I looked at my other hand, the right one, and I saw a wound on it, but it didn't hurt and it was almost completely healed.

"I-I'm Obi-Wan." The man stammered.

Obi-Wan? It seemed like I had heard that name before, but I couldn't remember when or why or where. I scanned the room, still trying to figure out what was that place. As I couldn't, I looked at the man again to ask him. "Where am I? What happened?"

His face showed concern, worry, fear. "You are at the medical bay. A rock fell on your head and you passed out; you've been unconcious for a week." I nodded, trying to understand what he said, processing all his words. A few silent minutes followed and then, he talked again. "Can't you remember anything at all?"

I shook my head. "I'm afraid so."

His lips trembled. "Oh, Aure!" He covered his face with his hands and started crying uncontrollably; his body shook because of the sobs and I could hardly understand him saying 'why?', 'please' and 'not this'. Sometimes he would say 'Aure'. Aure? Was that my name?

I looked at Obi-Wan with sad eyes, not knowing what to do or say. Why was he so sad about this? Were we close friends? Anyway, he seemed to be very affected by the lost of my memory.

I sat on the bed. "I'm... Sorry, Obi-Wan." Pronouncing his name felt so natural. "I would like to remember you... Remember everything. I'm so sorry."I apologized, although I wasn't sure why.

He raised his head, letting me see his face stained with tears and his watery blue eyes. I couldn't help feeling guilty at the sight, as my memory problem made him so miserable.

"You don't need to apologize, it wasn't your fault, Aure." He sniffed and wiped out some of the remaining tears. "I should ask Master Yoda what to do." He stood up and saw my questioning expression; who was that 'Master Yoda'? "He's a wise friend. He will know what to do, he always does." He added, answering my silent question.

I nodded in agreement, trusting a man that, in a way, I had just met. He looked at me for a few seconds; I don't know what was going on in his mind, but the way he looked at me made me feel save. He finally left to talk with that Yoda. Meanwhile, I stood up from the bed and wandered through the room, walking slowly and looking curiously at everything around me. I felt like I was a newborn. There was a small mirror on a wall. I looked at my reflection for the first time and the first thing I noticed was the white clothe around my head; I guessed there was wound that caused me to forget everything; I touched it lightly and smiled when I found out it didn't hurt. Then, I ignored the clothe to take a better look at myself: My long black hair was very messy. I tried to make it look better, brushing it with my fingers, and I managed to make it a bit decent.