XIV. New Life

Long chapter (I'm sorry)

*Aure's POV*

After Obi-Wan left, I stayed in Padmé's silent company for some long silent minutes, until she finally stood up and walked to her closet. I saw her take some clothes: comfortable beige pants and a simple T-shirt, as well as a pair of boots.

"What are you doing?" I asked trying to find out what she was planning, why she was changing her clothes.

"I'm going to meet Anakin. I can't believe what Obi-Wan and you said about him." She replied from her room, where she changed leaving the door opened.

"You can't go!" I exclaimed.

Padmé left the room dressed in her new clothes. "You can't stop me, Aure."

"Padmé, you are my best friend, my sister, I must protect you. I'm not letting you go."

"I need to see him and find out if what Obi-Wan and you said about him is true!" She insisted.

"You don't need to face him to know it's true! You just have to believe us!"

She didn't say anything for a few seconds. "I can't believe you. I must go."

"Well, Obi-Wan told me to stay with you, so I'm going too." I said, crossing my arms, showing her there was no way of changing my mind.

"You don't have to put yourself in danger..."

"If you don't believe Anakin is dangerous, why do you think I'd be putting myself in danger?" I raised an eyebrow and smirked.

She just sighed, knowing that she couldn't convince me to stay. "Alright, come with me if that's what you want."

-------

Padmé and I didn't share a word during the journey. I didn't know where we were going; she had set the coordinates and C-3PO drove to wherever Anakin was and it didn't matter how much I insisted, she wouldn't tell me. I understood why she didn't want to admit that Anakin had become evil, she was in love; love blinds us. Padmé wouldn't believe it until she saw it, until she felt Anakin's new dark feelings and heard his harsh words. And who could blame her? Wouldn't I do the same if I was in her place?

The journey seemed to last forever, but I wished it would have last even longer as soon as I saw the planet we were going to land on. It looked like hell; it was a planet made of nightmares and anger. Lava and fire were everywhere, burning and consuming everything, creating dark clouds of smoke that filled the air. The dark sky covered the planet's surface and I doubted that daylight had ever shone there.

We landed and I saw from the window a dark clothed figure running to our ship. As soon as Padmé saw him, she left and ran towards him before hugging him strongly. It was Anakin. I wanted to leave the ship, to make sure that Padmé would be alright, but I feared for my life. The last time I had seen Anakin, he almost killed me; he could do it again.

I watched as my best friend talked with her lover, until I saw her back away from him. Her face showed fear and disbelief, and his was full of anger. I decided to join them, as the situation seemed to become more dangerous for Padmé.

"I don’t know you anymore. Anakin, you’re breaking my heart. You are going down a path I can’t follow!" was the first thing I heard my best friend say.

"Because of Obi-Wan?" Anakin inquired as I got closer to the couple. He glanced at me, but ignored my presence.

"Because of what you’ve done... What you plan to do. Come back! I love you." Padmé's voice sounded more hurt and desperate than I had ever heard it.