V. Kashyyyk

*Obi-Wan's POV*

The next morning, I was incredibly tired due to the lack of sleep. I had spent the whole night crying and thinking about Aure. I couldn't believe I had broken her heart like that. I wanted her back, but that couldn't happen, I would just make her suffer and I didn't want that. I wished she would understand and forgive me one day. The more I thought about her, the more I missed her, but I couldn't help thinking about her. How can you forget such an important part of your life, your first and only love? I felt empty, like I wasn't myself anymore, but I thought she would be happy soon, and seeing her happy would be a reason to smile again.

On the other hand, I was very concerned about Anakin's behavior; lately, he was distant, angry and impatient... More than usual. The more time he spent with the Chancellor, the more worried I was. I made the decision of talking with Padmé about this, I suspected that she would know what was wrong with him. After all, they were in love with each other. Yes, I knew they were in love; I never told them, but it was obvious to me. I wondered if Qui-Gon had noticed my feelings for Aure when I was young...

I entered Padmé's apartment and we sat down on a couch.

"Has Anakin been to see you?" I asked her after she greeted me.

"Several times... I was so happy to hear he was accepted on the Jedi Council." She replied with a smile.

"He deserves it. He is truly gifted." I admitted and sighed.

Padmé's smile disappeared. "Something is wrong, isn't it?"

"It's Anakin... He's becoming moody and detached." I explained, looking down at my hands. "He's been put in a difficult position as the Chancellor's representative, but I think it's more than that. I was hoping he may have talked to you."

"Why would he talk to me about something like that?" Padmé asked curiously.

I studied her. "Neither of you is very good at hiding your feelings. I know how he feels about you." I couldn't fight back the smirk that formed on my face.

"What did he say?" She asked nervously.

"Nothing. He didn't have to." I chuckled.

Padmé was a little flustered. She stood up and I followed her to the balcony.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She lied.

"I know you both too well. I can see you two are in love." I explained, but she said nothing. "Padmé, I'm worried about him."

Padmé looked away and still didn't reply.

I continued. "I fear your relationship has confused him. He has changed considerably since we returned..."

We stood on the balcony looking at the early morning city. As Padmé wouldn't talk to me, I started to leave. Padmé stayed looking into the distant city.

I turned around to her and sighed. "Padmé, I'm not telling the Council about any of this. You know I'm, myself, in a similar situation with..." Saying her name was so difficult. "With Aure. I... I hope I didn't upset you. We're all friends, I care about both of you."

"Thank you, Obi-Wan." Padmé simply said.

"Please do what you can to help him." I begged before turning around again and opening the door. I left her and headed to the Temple in order to go to Utapau and find General Grievous.

*Aure's POV*

Master Yoda and I sat at the cockpit of a spaceship, flying through the large space. Behind us, some gunships full of clones followed our lead. We were heading to Kashyyyk to help the Wookies in a battle against the separatist droids; Master Yoda had asked for my help.