Chapter 6 Unexpected Laughter

Talon hurtled out of the castle at an alarmingly fast pace and nearly knocking down a couple of second year students making their way up from the greenhouse. She continued to run but turned over her shoulder to shout her apology and plowed right into someone else, a grunt sounding from whomever she had almost taken out. Talon began to profuously apologize when she saw who it was and instead let out a steady stream of curses.

  "Charlie Weasley get your bloody hands off of me this instant."      

Charlie removed his pale freckled hands from her upper arms and took a step back. "Sorry Talon. Why're you in such a rush?"

     "I"m going to be late for herbology if you don't get out of my way."

     Talon tried to sidestep him but Charlie took a step with her.

     "Hey um actually can I talk to you for a minute?"

     "I just told you that I'm running late, no."

     He let out an uncharacteristically nervous chuckle, Charlie Weasley never got nervous especially around girls, and ran a big hand through his shaggy red hair. "Oh yeah, um, how about after? I have Care of Magical Creatures right now and I'll come find you after, okay?"

     "Yeah whatever."

     Talon turned and quickly made her way to the humid greenhouse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Since it was the start of term, Professor Sprout had the few seventh years in her class reviewing some of the more important things that they had done in previous years. Talon had already completed hers and turned her parchment in to Professor Sprout. Doodling in her sketchbook, she started trying to figure out why Charlie, of all people, would want to talk to her. They had never been friends, closer to enemies than anything else. They rarely spoke and when they did it was only to trade jabs and insults. And on a few occasions jinxes.

     It wasn't the fact that he was a Gryffindor that got under Talon's skin, she honestly couldn't care less what house someone was in as long as they acted right. But that was the thing. Charlie was always picking on someone or breaking curfew or just doing something that Talon didn't agree with. But to her it seemed that Charlie didn't like her simply because she was a Slytherin and THAT irritated her to no end. The house prejeduces that people had was one the the few things that she did not like about Hogwarts.

     Finally class let out and she still had no idea what to expect from Charlie. She packed her things back into her messenger bag anf exited the greenhouse to find Charlie already there, waiting on her. He must have run to already be here this soon. Fuckin weirdo.

     Talon stood before him with her arms crossed. "Why did you run here, Weasley?"

     Charlie's eyes grew wide and he began sputtering. "W-what makes you think I ran here? That's absurd."

     "Well for one you got here too quickly to have walked all the way from where Professor Kettleburn has lessons and two you're out of breath. Which leads me to believe that you ran."

     Charlie's face turned the color of his hair. "N-no I-"

     Talon tried to crack at least  half of a smile but it looked more like a grimace. "Doesn't matter. What did you need?"

     He looked relieved. "Right well lets walk and talk. What's your next class? I'll take you there."

     Why is he being so nice to me???

     "Defense."

     His blue eyes lit up. "Really? Me too! Come on. We can walk together."