Chapter 22

Akuma POV

My eyes slowly opened and then quickly shut again when they made contact with blaring white hospital lights.

While my eyes were shut I heard the sound of something rustling and the world behind my eyelids went dark and I slowly opened my eyes, this time cautious.

"Akuma? Are you okay? Do you need anything?"

I could hear Haruhi's voice, it made me smile a little to know that my dear friend was right beside me. Just like she always is.

"I love you, Haru." I mumbled as I turned my head in the direction her voice was coming from, I felt a cool palm rest on my forehead and sighed in content.

"I love you too. I think you might have a little fever." She muttered to herself before she leaned down and softly placed a kiss on my forehead, I smiled while my eyes closed.

"Get some sleep, you need it."

That was the last thing I heard before I drifted off to slumber.

--------

Next time I woke up the lights were on but it didn't hurt my eyes. Being able to stay awake this time, I took a chance and looked around.

The walls were a nice light blue shade and the tile looked so white and shiny that I could probably eat off them. Ignoring the pain I felt when I thought of food, I continued my survey. On one of the little black desk next to my bed was a vase full of Bleeding Hearts, I smiled at my favorite flower.

"Haruhi, had to go to the restroom so she asked me to look after you."

The voice came suddenly which is why it caused me to jump a little in my bed.

Kyoya looked at me in amusement before he went right back to typing, he had his laptop balanced perfectly on his legs.

"I am the quietest member of the Host Club, well beside Mori." He gave a slight chuckle when I looked away with a slightly red face.

"I don't mind if you like Mori-Senpai, but make sure you keep it on the low." He said while his face changed back to his normal look. He closed his laptop, stood up and walked towards the door.

"It seems you have a visitor."

Glancing at the door, I was pleasantly surprised that Mori was waiting at the door watching me. My mismatched eyes connected with his gray ones and I quickly dove into the safety of my blanket, a blush spread over my face as a deep chuckle echoed around the room.

"Well, I better go check on Tamaki and the rest." Kyoya said while his footsteps walked towards the door and then disappeared.

Footsteps walked closer to my bed as I curled up in to a blushing ball of embarrassment, I felt him tug lightly at my blanket to get my attention.

Forcing my blush down I slowly pulled down the blanket so just my eyes peeked out, they automatically connected with his grey ones which caused me to flinch.

"T-Thank you for carrying me, Mori-Senpai." I stuttered out as I felt the blush slowly coming back out, he nodded at me.

"Takashi."

"W-What?" I asked as I fully pulled myself out of the blanket and tilted my head to the side, he gave me his usual blank look.

"Call me Takashi." He told me, my face exploded in red as I turned my head away from him. I took a deep breath, and turned my head back towards him.

"Thank you, Takashi." I told him as I gave him a small smile with my face still burning red, his eyes widen and he quickly looked towards the door. The tips of his ears were a glowing red.