Sealed With A Bite

Introduction of 2 more characters... ♥ Alex

"... Maybe they're twins switched at birth," you muse with a laugh as you and Zack climb up the stairs leading to your house.

Zack chuckles, shaking his head.

"I doubt it. Roxas is much older," he informs you.

"But... He and Ven look the same age," you argue with narrowed eyes.

A small look of panic crosses over Zack's face before it quickly softens back into a smile. He holds the front door open for you, standing back as you walk inside.

"I was kidding," he finally replies, but you barely hear him.

Your eyes are locked onto a strange man standing in the foyer, chatting with your brother, father, and step-mother. He's dressed in tall black boots, tight gray pants, white button-up shirt, and black coat, and his hair is a grayish black. He glances over his shoulder, watching you and Zack with mild interest. He looks around Zack's age, maybe a year or two older.

"Ah, here she is, my lovely daughter [Name]! [Name], this is Noctis Caelum. He'll be staying with us for the next few weeks," your father introduces, herding the tall man towards you.

"Why?" you ask, tearing your eyes from the admittedly handsome man to glance up at your smiling father.

"He's from Richmond! He's been sent here by the police, to investigate those horrible deaths."

You nod along, staring up at the male again. His eyes are a dark blue, but there's almost a reddish tint to the ring around his cornea. He has yet to even crack a smile as he studies you. This man is serious, lacking the enthusiasm of the country boy next to you.

"Who are you?" Noctis asks, his gaze darting to Zack.

"Zack Fair," Zack introduces, and the two quickly shake hands.

You notice that Zack almost immediately retracts his gloved hand, as if he's been burned. Noctis finally allows a faint smirk to grow on his face, turning towards your brother.

"Can you show me my room? That ride from the city was very long," Noctis muses, tucking his bag under his arm.

Hayner nods, leading the male out of the room. You can hear their boots thumping away up the stairs, silence falling over the four of you left in the room.

"I hope he will be able to help. Those poor families deserve closure," your step-mother speaks up.

"Too true, my dearest Leblanc. Now let's go sample Xion's cooking, we must make sure that dinner is perfect for our two lovely guests!" your father states as he drags your frowning step-mother from the room.

"I don't like him," Zack decides.