Fallen Angel

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

Zack is sexy.

Noctis is a gentleman.

Ven is sweet.

But Roxas... Roxas is dark. The only light parts of him are his eyes, his skin, and his hair. His humor is dark, his tone is dark, his heart is dark. A creature that lurks in the shadows. And yet, as you're starting to get to know him, the more you seem to be chipping away at his rough exterior, revealing a gentler soul. No, he's no Ven. But he's Roxas, and that's just as good.

"Hey," Noctis speaks up as you walk into your kitchen for breakfast.

You glance down at him, nodding and smiling in greeting. His eyes are narrowed, leaning in close to you as you sit down.

"What's the matter?" you ask, feeling slightly nervous as he studies you like a bug under a microscope.

"What's that on your neck?" he asks, running a slender finger down your aforementioned skin.

Your cheeks flush as you press a hand against your neck, laughing awkwardly as he shoots you a bewildered look.

"Oh, I think a mosquito bit me," you lie.

"Huh," he mutters, sounding like he doesn't believe you whatsoever.

The worst part is that you have no idea if the marks on your neck are from Zack or Roxas.

Poor Noctis.

It must be hard to like someone so broken.

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

How did you end up here? All you wanted to do was talk to Naminé, very much in need of some girl time to forget about the many male faces swirling around in your mind. Instead, you're fending off a laughing Axel while he sends punches and kicks in your direction.

"Stop," pant, "it," pant "Axel!" you cry, ducking and dodging his lightning-fast limbs.

"Do you wanna learn how to fight, or not?!" he retorts.

You shriek as one of his legs hit yours, sending you tumbling to the ground. His laughter rings through the trees, and you shoot him a dirty look as you sit up.

"I can't believe you actually hit me!" you exclaim, brushing off your dress as you stand up.

"Kicked," he corrects with a sly smirk. "Besides, I'm not here to take it easy on you. Anyone you go up against sure won't."

"Oh, yeah?" you press, leveling your fists in front of your chest.

Axel smirks again, about to reply... before you leap forward and collide your fist into his squared jaw. He doesn't stumble, but there's a shocked look on his face as he stares down at you. You smile as his eyes narrow.

"Okay, Miss. Vampire. Don't say I didn't warn you," he muses, smiling as he twirls a small blade between his fingers.

You gasp in pain as he grabs your shoulder, pulling you forward as the blade sheaths itself directly in your heart.

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

Dead, lifeless eyes.

That's all the Noctis can see when he tries to sleep. His nights are long, and as tired as he may feel, he cannot erase the images of those five innocent victims, begging for help and vengeance. As hard as he might try, and as many times as he's been mocked for this theories, he can't shake the feeling that something is wrong in Dover Hills. Even the most skilled of men would be unable to drain a full-grown human of all of their blood. It's impossible.