A Tangled Web

WARNING: There's IMPLIED sex at the end. If you don't like that type of stuff, skip the ending :3

❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥

Noctis was right, you realize with a sly smile, you are trouble.

Why else would you be standing in the man's empty room, patiently waiting for his return?

'You're going to get me in trouble, Miss Webster'... What did he mean? Because you're a vampire? No, there's no possible way he could know. It had only been 24 hours since your transformation anyway. The guy might be a detective, but there's no way he's that good.

A hand trails down his desk, landing on a small, black notebook. You glance towards the doorway before flipping it open. The curiosity was too much to bear. A hand-drawn picture of a man wearing a long, black cloak with fangs protruding from his mouth stands in the middle of the page, with random words surrounding the drawing.

Night

Wicked

Hell

Dark

Murder

Webster

Zedler

Hunter

Vampire

"What are you doing, Miss Webster?"

You jump, a hand leaping to your chest as you take a step back from the desk in surprise. Glancing towards the doorway, you smile sheepishly at a frowning Noctis.

"I-I'm sorry, I came in here looking for you, and I just..." you trail off as he starts to walk towards you. "I'm just so curious about the case, and your progress."

And why my and Zedler's names are in your book.

"It's just the bitter ramblings of a hopeless man," Noctis mutters, reaching behind you to close his notebook.

"I'm sorry," you repeat, watching cautiously as his second hand trails to the desk, caging you in his arms.

"Don't be," he retorts.

The words come out in a breathy tone, his scent enveloping you. It's different than Ven's sweet, almost fruity smell. No, Noctis smells like power, intoxicating determination.

"What are you doing, Mr. Caelum?" you ask as one of his hands rests on your waist.

"Can't you guess?"

As soon as the last word is out of his mouth his lips find yours, soft yet demanding. Your arms wrap around his neck, pulling him closer as he presses his body against yours. His mouth frees yours much sooner than you'd like, instead trailing down to your neck. As soon as his lips press against your warm flesh, your eyes start the uncomfortable pulsating as your mouth tingles uncontrollably. You have to taste him, you realize as your fingers dance along his exposed skin.

In a stroke of equal luck and disappointment, Noctis suddenly pulls back, stepping away from you. His eyes are wide as he stares at the wall behind you, looking like a young child who just got caught with his hands in the cookie jar.

"Noctis?" you speak up, reaching a hand towards him.

He flinches from your touch, slowly shaking his head.

"I... I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me," he admits, sighing before his eyes dart up to yours. "You... intoxicate me."

"... Intoxicate?" you repeat in a whisper.