~Uh oh~

~Wilson's P.O.V~

  When I woke,I immediately smelled something amazing that seemed to be coming from my crock pot.I left my tent only to find (Y/n) cooking something in the crock pot.She turns around to look at me as I approach and says "Morning Wilson,did you sleep well?" "Good morning (Y/n),I slept fine,what about you?" "Well...I've had better nights."She replies with a sad look on her face.I quickly try to change the subject to avoid depression,"What are you cooking?"Her face changes quickly from a heart-breaking sad to a heart-warming smile,"Hmm?Oh,just some breakfast for us.It isn't much,but I tried to make the best of it."It seemed that she must have done some early hunting,which would explain the rabbit meat,and has berry jam along with it.She cooked the meat differently than I do,she chopped it up and removed the bones and put them in a pot over the fire.

 She then handed me some and when I tried a bite,I thought I have never tasted anything this good in my life!

  "Is it bad?"She asked,scared.

  "Absolutely not!It is amazing (Y/n)!"I respond,shocked from it's wonderful taste.

  "Really?Well,thank you Wilson!"She says as she smiles proud-like.

   As we were eating,we decided to strike up a conversation.

  "And that is how you-"

  "Shh..."

  "Don't 'shh' me!"

  "No!Seriously Wilson!I hear something...." 

   I quiet down and listen,at first,I didn't hear anything and thought (Y/n) went insane,but then i heard a faint....bark?

"Hounds!"(Y/n) yelled as she grabbed a spear and dashed out of the base to a nearby clearing. 

 I grabbed my spear and began to follow her.When we reached the clearing,we stood there in a defensive stance and waited for the beasts to show themselves.

 All of a sudden,(Y/n) jumps to the right to dodge an attack,and I do the same.We began swinging our spears at the hounds.There were only 3 hounds.I killed the one that was attacking me and look over to (Y/n) who was swiftly  dodging the attacks of one of the hounds,the other one,however,just circled both of us,but didn't attack.I tried to keep an eye out for it,in case it surprise attacks us.Then,all of a sudden,(Y/n) screams in pain from the hound who landed one last attack before it perished.She fell to the ground,and the last hound rushed over.I would have killed it before it killed (Y/n),but it didn't attack,it was trying to help her stand up!I rush over to help (Y/n) get back to the base and the friendly hound follows us.I set her down against a log and observe the wound on her leg and arm.I wrap them up in spare cloth and search for healing salves.In the corner of my eye,I see the hound slowly walk up to (Y/n) and sit next to her,looking at the at the wounds with a sad expression.Then,it sadly howls in sorrow,hoping (Y/n) is going to be ok.I get the healing salves and apply them to her wounds.

 "Thank you Wilson,"she says"and thank you too."She softly says to the hound and gently pets its head,which it apparently likes.

"Are you ok?"I ask

"I am,are you?"She says.

"Yes,I am alright.I wonder why this hound didn't attack."I say,looking at the hound.

"Yea,me too."She replies,and pets its head again.

 The hound then curls up next to (Y/n) and falls asleep.Maybe not all hounds are bad?