~Paranoid~

(Wilson's P.O.V)

  It's been a while since (Y/n) has returned to me, the others have done the same. Everything was normal, except (Y/n) has stayed outside the tent more often. I guess it's because we don't have enough silk to make another tent for Wendy, who's been sharing a tent with me. It was midnight, I couldn't sleep tonight. I get up, careful to not wake up Wendy, and see (Y/n) staring into the fire. I was shocked, I always thought she went to sleep out here.

  She looks at me, her eyes widen slightly at the sight of me. "Oh, you're awake. Can't sleep, darling?" She asks me. "Yeah, what're you doing up so late?" I ask in return. "I haven't slept yet." She replies, turning her gaze back to the fire. "Oh, do you...normally fall asleep out here?" I continue. "No, never have. I just wait out the night." She states, only causing me to grab her chin gently, making her look back at me. Her eyes look so tired.

  "My dear, are you alright? You look so tired..." I ask my darling, but she stays silent, avoiding eye contact with me. "Dear...please, whatever is wrong, you can tell me. You know this. We've been together for so long now, please..Tell me what's wrong..." I beg her, placing my palm against her cheek. "I-I...I struggle with sleep...even if I wanted to sleep out here, I can't. I can barely keep my eyes shut long enough." She whispers. I hug my sweet darling tenderly, resting my head on hers.

  "Are you paranoid of what's outside our base, my love?" I ask her, rubbing her arm gently. She hugs me back tightly, yet affectionately. She nods against my chest, shaking in fear. I've never seen her so scared, well, besides when I went insane, but I try to not think about that. "Darling, no monster can get through our walls, you know this..." I whisper. "It's not the monsters...I always feel...watched... I don't feel safe, Wilson... I feel vulnerable..." She cries against my chest, holding me, desperate for protection.

  "My dear, I will always be here for you. I promise." I whisper to her, rubbing her back, trying to comfort her and calm her down. She eventually stops shaking, but still twitching every now and then, the poor darling. I kiss her head, rubbing circles on her back. "I'll get some silk tomorrow to make another tent for Wendy, okay? Then you can sleep in our tent again, how does that sound?" I ask her gently, she nods slowly, obviously tired. I smile, and kiss her head once again. "I love you, my dear." I whisper to her, and she whispers back, "I love you too, Wilson-darling."