Chapter 1

Pic above is Harriet 'Hattie' Logan

'Our last day, Our last day' my phone sang as Rory calls me.

"Yeah, it's Hattie." I answer on pick up.

"Hattie it's me, Rory. Why'd you pick up like that?" Rory asks as I lace up my black, beat-up Chuck Taylor's.

"Sorry, Mr. Taylors is supposed to pick me up from dance and take me home." I answer, holding my phone to my ear as I put my point shoes in my bag, zipping it up.

"Hattie, it's Friday, let's go out!" Rory says or partially screams into my phone.

"Rory you know my mom and dad would never let us and besides I have to watch Charlotte tonight." I add, walking out of the studio.

"Well at leased let me pick you up." Rory says as I sit on the curb.

"I guess I can ask my mom." I answer. "Call you back in a few minutes." I add, hanging up.

Then I dial my mom's number, she picks up on the fourth ring.

"Hello." I hear mom, she sounds stressed. I bet it because Barbie is wanting to use us to manufacture boxes and dolls and my parents well I haven't seen either of them since Monday. It's not that I miss them well I kinda do I mean they are my parents but I mean I guess it's what they say 'work first, family second' or something like that.

"It's me, mom, Hattie." I tell her, running a hand through my slightly tangled dark brown hair. I really want to yell at her can't you remember your own daughter's voice.

"Oh, hi Harriet, how was your day, today?" Mom asks, sighing like this is a part of the job or I'm wasting her time.

"It was good, dance was fun and hard. Mom, can Rory pick me up from dance today?" I ask mom, I can hear her sighing.

"Yes, Harriet, Victoria can pick you up from dance today but stop by home before so you can pick up Charlotte, please." She says.

"Okay thanks, mom." I answer. "Love you." I add.

"I love you as well, sweetie." she says, I can hear her yawning. "Bye Harriet." Mom adds and I hear my phone beeping, telling me my mom hung up.

My mom and dad own a company, Logan Inc., it's a big manufacturing company. Dad's CEO and mom's his assistant, pretty much my parents stay pretty busy, they don't have time for me or Char they always are working normally I only see them once or twice a week because they work so much. But I mean I know they love us I mean, I think.

Looking at my phone, sighing as I  text Rory saying 'mom said yes but we have to get Char.'

A few seconds later I see Rory's sliver Hyundai pull into the parking lot. Getting up and grabbing my light pink and dark gray dance bag and my black duffle bag, I jog over to her car.

"Thanks, Rory." I say as I open the back door, dropping my bags in the seat. Walking over to the passenger door and opening it.

"That's what friends are for. Now, get in, we're hanging out at my house tonight!" Rory exclaims loudly as Halsey plays in background.

"Remember we have to-"

"I know, I know pick up Char first. How could I forget?" She says, on interrupting as I close the door and hear the faithful click of the seat belt.

"Alright, I know you would never forget her." I answer, laughing, putting my dark brown hair into a messy bun.

Rory and I have been friends since diapers, we're practically sisters. Rory's full name is Victoria but no one calls her that unless it's her ancient grandmother that lives in London. Rory has dark red hair the goes about to her shoulder and dark forest green eyes.

"Let's go!" Rory yells and pulls out of the abandon dance studio parking lot.

I pull her phone out of the plug and put mine in, immediately I turn on Soap by Melanie Martinez

"Girl, why'd you pull out my  phone out?" Rory exclaims as we stop at a red light.

"Because my music is better!" I yell back at her, she has a surprised look on her face.

"Fine then, Pity Party is on next tho." She says seriously, trying to act like she's mad at me. As we pull into my neighborhood. Looking at my phone, I text Char telling her Rory and I were going to pick her up and have sleepover stuff for herself.

The song ends and I turn on Pity Party

Did my invitations disappear
Why'd I put my heart in every cursive letter?
Tell me why the he'll no one is here?
Tell me what to do to make it all feel better?

My phone dinged as we pulled up to my house and Char runs out of the house, I think she slammed the front door. Her pale blonde hair wipe behind her as she ran to Rory's car.

"Hey Hattie, hi Rory!" Char says getting in to the back seat of the car. Char's 14, people call her my mini me, I kinda agree I mean she's my sister why wouldn't I say it? Char has pale blonde hair that above her butt almost at it but we're just going to say above her butt and she also has vibrant blue eyes.

"Hi Char!" Rory squeaks, jumping or so it looks, up and down in her seat.

"Girls Night!" Char screams and Rory pushes on the gas and we're off the Rory's house or should I call it a mansion, Rory has her own wing and I have my own bedroom and so does Char. This sounds bad but Rory's parents and my parents are really rich there's not a better way to say it. My parents own a big manufacturing company and Rory's parents own a chain of high-end restaurants that like Megan Trainor would go to, sushi and bugers I guess that's a good, I don't know Rory's parents never let us eat there.

"Turn on Control by Halsey next or else....." Char threatens as Pity Party ends and we stop at a light and I see a man or really he looks like a teenage boy that's about 17-18, he has jet black hair and icy blue eyes, we lock eyes, he mumbles something to another guy in the truck then the light changes and Rory steps on the gas, away from the guy with the icy blue eyes. Looking back at him he looks sad, I feel a little tug on my heart as Rory drives to her house away from the guy with the icy blue eyes.

A.N

Hello, children, it's the author here. I just wanted to say that, thank you for finding my book and think its good enough to read and take time to comment, vote, and that jazz.

Love ya,

Shelby