Chapter 18

Daxton's P.O.V

I run my hand through my hair and sigh. It's been a week without her and I'm going crazy. I've been snapping at everyone and Rocco has been very on edge.

"Daxton?"

"What?!?" I yell and turn around. I see it's Cassie.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing." She answers, quietly with her eyes looking at me, they're filled with pity.

"Oh," I start, my temper flaring. "How I'm doing? I'm doing great besides the fact that my mate is not here and I don't know where the f*ck she is and none of my trackers can find her. Plus the fact my sister got to see her, but as soon as I showed up she had my mate leave!! So I'm pretty f*cking fantastic!! Thanks for asking!" I yell, the dress incident happened a few days ago and when I got to the dress shop I was pissed that I couldn't find my mate yet I could smell that she was just there.

"It's not my fault she le-"

"But you could've gotten her back!!" I counter, Rocco is trying to appear.

"No, I couldn't." She replies, rubbing her eyes. She walks over to the fridge.

"Why the h*ll not?" I ask, snapping at her.

"Because she didn't want to come back yet." Cassie replies simply, opening the fridge.

"Really?" I ask, my temper dying down slightly. "And how do you know that?" I add, darting my eyes at her. Cassie slams the fridge shut with yogurt in her hand.

"I know that because you hurt her. Badly." She whips around to look at me. "She told me her side of the story. You played with her. Told you her loved her. Cared for her, but then you go and make out with Gabby. I know you did it with her before you found Hattie, but even after you found her you continue to make out with Gabby. Even with your mate in the same house. So she asked her wolf if they could leave because you hurt her so badly." Cassie says, grabbing a spoon. "And another thing I know you will see her at the Gala, but I swear to God if you so much as try to touch her I will make her leave with a snap of my fingers. Char and I have a mind-link so if I need to I will." She adds, pointing her spoon at me. A scary look painted on her face. I shouldn't be scared of my sister, I'm an Alpha after all, but in that moment I realized how scary women could be.

"Okay, but what if she tries to speak to me?" I ask, softly. My angry was gone. It was replaced with regret and disappointment in myself.

"Then you can, but don't make the first move on anything. Let Hattie make the moves at her own pace and respect her if she doesn't want to talk to you." Cassie replies, walking past me. "Don't you know how to love?" She mumbles, opening her yogurt.

I just stand there motionless as Cassie ascends up the stairs, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

'That's not true is it?' I ask Rocco, walking up the stairs.

'It kind of is, Daxton.' Rocco says, sadly. I didn't realize that Rocco was sad about this too.

'God,' I sigh, opening the door to my office. I glance at the desk made for Hattie, she may never use that desk. 'Hattie must hate me.'

'It's pretty close to that' Rocco chimes, softly.

'How do you know that?' I ask him, shutting the door and locking it.

'Snow a- told me.' Rocco replies. 'Hattie has a lot of anxiety about werewolves and you.'

'I still don't get why she's anxious about me?' I wonder, I didn't do anything that bad.