Chapter 17

A.N - That's Ada up top since you'll be meeting her as Hattie shifts for the first time today on her form.

Hattie's P.O.V

"Char, are you dressed?" I yell as I ascend up the stairs. Char and I moved into one of my parents other houses so Daxton doesn't know where I'm at. "He's coming in half an hour."

"No, I need help getting ready." Char calls back. She emerges from her closed bed room door with a sky blue lace bra visible and a half zipped up dress. A freaked out expression is painted on her face.

"Okay, Char. Breathe. Tell me what I can do to help." I reply, walking forward. "Here turn around so I can zip up your dress." She spins turning her back to me and I zip up the zipper the rest of the way.

"Do you like this dress?" She asks, nervously. Playing with the end of the dress swinging it back and forth

"Yes," I reply, firmly. Looking her in the eyes, standing on my tip tops. "It looks really go on you. Plus that still makes you look like a young lady and not an annoying teenager." I add, laughing.

"But I am a teenager." She mumbles, softly. Looking down, an ashamed look is painted on her face.

"I know that." I tell her, smiling. I pull her into her bedroom and sit her in the chair in front of the vanity. "You're just not the annoying kind." I whisper, softly in her ear.

"Oh okay." She replies, smiling. A look a relief works it way on to her face.

"Alright, what to do with your hair? What to do with your hair?" I mumble, softly. Tapping my chin lightly. "We could do a braid, but your hair looks better down in this dress. We could do curls, but I don't think we have the time for that. So how about half up, half down?" I ask, looking at her.

"That sounds great!" She replies, smiling. "I'm glad you know how to do hair."

"Me too, sweetie." I mumble with about five bobby-pins in my mouth. "Me too."

••••

"Nice to meet you, Chance." I greet, shaking his hand since he came to pick up Char for her date.

"The pleasure is all mine, Ms. Logan." He replies, smiling nervously.

"Oh," I pause for a moment and take in a shaky breath. "I'm Char's older sister, Hattie. Our parents are out on a business trip right now."

"Oh I'm sorry, Hattie." He quickly replies, trying to smooth over everything. "I didn't mean to bring up a sore sub-"

"You're fine, Chance." I interrupt, giving a shaky smile. "Just go have fun on your date."

"Bye Hattie!" Char calls, waving from the window as he pulls out of the driveway.

'Okay my dear Hattie, what's wrong?' Ada asks as soon as we shut the door.

'He thought I was my mom and it I think just reminded me of how my parents are too busy to be with Char and I.' I reply, taking in a deep breath. 'I need to get it together.'

'Oh, Hattie, I'm so sorry.' Snow pips up.

'Hey,' Ada chimes. 'I have an idea. What if I show you your panther form since we haven't shifted into it yet?'

'I love that idea. I've been wanting actually to go on a run.' I reply, I've been wanting to see how it feels to run in my panther form.

'As long as we take turns, Ada.' Snow whines.

'Fine, Snow.' Ada replies, grumpily.

I quickly get up and run up the stairs, rushing into my room. Peeling off my regular clothes I throw on black running shorts and some old shirt from a few years ago. As soon as I finish changing I run down the stairs, tripping on a few steps along the way. I throw open the door and step outside. I'm greeted by a warm breeze as I close the door. Walking into the forest that backs up our house, I feel at ease for the first time since I ran away from Daxton.

I strip down since Ada told me that when you shift your clothes get ruined.

'Okay, Ada.' I chorus. 'Take it away.'

Slowly I feel myself being pushed to the backseat as Ada finally gets to take control for the first time.

My bones start to break and rearrange themselves. I scream out in pain.

'Hattie, I'm so sorry.' Ada whispers, she sounds like she's in pain too. 'I can't block the pain from it effecting you.'

I fall down on the ground as my legs can't properly hold me anymore. Hair starts to sprout all over my body as my mouth fills with sharp canines that belong to a cat. Something shoots out of my back until I realize that it's my tail. I shut my eyes and wait for the pain to end.

'Hattie,' Snow whispers, gently. 'You can open you now.'

Slowly I open my eyes to see that I'm lower to the ground but that's just because I'm laying down. I'm able to hear everything so much better now.

'Okay, Ada take the wheel.' I whisper since I'm still so tired from the first time shifting into Ada.

Quickly I'm pushed to the backseat as Ada gets up and starts to run. She sprints as fast as she can to somewhere. I don't know where.

I'm just going to enjoy the freedom since I won't have it after I go back to Daxton.

•••••

I wrap a towel around my body as I leave my en suite and walk into my bedroom.

We ended up running for hours. Ada ran for about 2 then Snow wanted to run for 3, but I made her just run for 2 as well. Char got home and immediately went in her room to take a bath. She told me she'd tell me about the date tomorrow morning since it's late and she needs at least 10 hours of sleep to function. Her words not mine.

I pull out a pair of light pink lace underwear and a matching bra. Afterwards I slip on an oversized tee shirt and climb into bed.

My phone pings and I reach over to grab it. Someone has sent me a text at midnight for some reason. It says

Unknown number:
Don't try to hide, kitty. I will find you and get everything you love.

XOXO,

Z

'Who the hell is 'Z'?' Snow growls, lowly.

'I don't care. Why does he want to take everything I love?' I ask, confused.

'I don't know, but how does he know about me?' Ada asks, panic laced in her voice.

'Your guess is as good as mine.' I reply, grimly.

'Let's go to sleep and try to figure it out in the morning.' Snow suggests through a yawn.

'Good idea.' I reply, drifting off into a sleep full of dancers and panthers.

A.N-

Okay, so I feel off the grid for a bit and I'm so so sorry about that!! My health wasn't the best from October till about now and I needed sometime to get my feet back under me, but now I'm back!!! I don't know how often I'll update, but I'll do my best!!

On another note, did anyone notice I edited some of the chappies? I didn't like how I wrote it so I changed it a bit. And my offer still stands if anyone is good at making covers I would love for someone to make a cover for me!!

Lastly, does anyone have any guesses who 'Z' is? It may not be who you think it is fyi. Again I'm so sorry for falling of the map!!

Love y'all lots,

Sebbie

VOTE COMMENT SHARE