Chapter 6

Hattie's P.O.V

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" Char screams, jumping on my bed.

"Why?" I ask, rubbing my eyes, looking to see Cassie rubbing her eyes and yawning as well. She stayed on Sunday night as well.

"Because it's Monday and that means..." She answers.

"Shit.....school." I mumble and jump out of bed, riping the covers off.

Runing too the bathroom to start my moring routine turning on Mad Hatter by Melanie Martinez.

Walking out of my bathroom and into my bedroom I start putting on a white baseball tee that says 'drunk on books', black leggings and dark gray converses.

Grabbing my black and white Vera Bradley massager bag, I shove my blue school binder, APUSH notebook, a light blue MacBook, kindle fire, and my black and blue pencil case. Then run out of my room, running to Char's room, the door was closed.

"Hurry up, Char, we're going to be late!" I yell, ponding on the door. 30 seconds later I see Char and Cassie.

Char is wearing a light blue tank top with the 'okay? okay.' clouds on it, white jean shorts, and dark gray converses high tops.

Cassie is wearing a tee shirt that says 'my brain is 80% song lyrics', pale blue jean shorts, and white converses.

Walking to my car, opening the door, throwing my bag in the car. Char and Cassie walk up to my car and get in.

Turning on the car, pulling out of our giant garage with about 30 to 45 cars in it.

Driving to school, I turn on Blue by Maria and the diamonds.

"Cassie, is how old is Daxton?" I ask as we get on the freeway.

"He's 18, graduating this year." She answers as we exit the freeway.

"Cool." I add as we arrive at school, North high school. Cassie and Char go to North middle school. There's about 1,000 kids in our grade, per grade.

"Bye Char and Cassie." I call as they both get out of my car.

Then I drive over to the high school and park in my spot, my parents bought me a spot at the very front of the school.

Turning off my car I see Daxton in a white button down, nice blue jeans, and black work boots, hand in hand with Gabby, slamming the door, pissed. I really don't know what getting me so mad.

I start walking up to the school, accidentally locking eyes with Daxton, he instantly untangled his hand for hers and starts walking my way.

I storm the other direction, not wanting to talk to him.

"Hattie, wait!" He yells as I make my way through the crowd, looking behind me I see the crowd parting like the Red Sea for Moses, making it easier for him to get to me.

Muttering a few curse words under my breath. I sprint to my first class, genetics and sit in my seat. Getting out my MacBook and prepping myself for taking notes.

Daxton runs into the classroom and starts to walk over to me.

"Hattie, let me explain-"

"Mr. Arnold, what are you doing in here?" The teacher calls, Daxton opens his mouth. "You are not in this class please leave."

Slowly Daxton stalks over to the door and slams it on the way out. I look back quick and a pair of pitch black eyes catch my attention. I notice those are his eyes. I whip back to face the front just as the bell rings, signaling for class to begin.