Chapter 15

Hattie's P.O.V

Woke up whistling like a wind blow
Looking out my window
Just to see the shine

Maybe you call it crazy
How I'm acting lately
Skipping through the sky

"Hattie, get inside." Char whispers, dangerous quiet.

"Why?" I ask, taking off my shorts to show my light pink bikini bottoms. "We just got out here."

"I'll tell when we get inside." She replies, darting her eyes to the fence. "Just trust me. Now go!" Shooing me inside. Quickly I walk inside Char and Rory following me in.

"Okay, what was all of that about?" Rory asks, frowning, crossing her arms. "I really wanted to go swimming."

"Hattie." Char says, looking me in the eyes. "Daxton was behind the fence in his wolf's form. He somehow found you."

"Great!" I grumble, throwing my arms in the air. "I thought I was safe and away from him!"

"What the h*ll are you talking about?" Rory asks, suddenly getting worried. "And who the h*ll is this Daxton?"

"Umm..........you wouldn't believe me." I mumble, looking down at my bare-feet.

'Snow, why did I think I was safe? He knows where I live!' I ask, starting to get scared. He could get me back. He could-

'Honey, as long as I'm in your head I won't let him near you till your ready.' Snow says, going all momma bear on me.

'What she said. I will go all cat sh*t on him if he tries to get you if you're not ready.'  Ada adds, bearing her fangs.

'Thanks, Snow. I knew I could rely on you.' I reply, smiling.

'Hey!' Ada chimes. 'What about me?'

'Thank you, Ada.' I reply, sheepishly.

'You're welcome.' Ada answers, proudly.

'Hattie, you'll always have me.' She replies, smiling a wolffish grin.

'And me!!' Ada chimes.

"Hattie, earth to Hattie." Rory says, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Yeah? Oh sorry? Rory." I answer, sheepishly.

"What was that about? Hattie you've changed." Rory asks, crossing her arms. "And I will believe you. Don't pull that I won't believe you b*llsh*t. I won't take that cr*p."

"So..." I start and tell her the whole story. About Daxton, becoming a werewolf I don't mention Ada since nobody knows about her, not being able to dance, Char being a werewolf too and about running away from him.

"Wow." She states with wide eyes. "Well I need to show you something then since it won't freak you out." She adds, getting down on hands and knees.

Slowly she starts to shift. Light brown fur sprouts all over her body. Her hands and feet morph into paws. Her bone pop and bend in incorrect ways. Her ears change into wolf ears. Her mouth and nose extend into snout. Then a large light brown wolf is standing in front of me where Rory used to stand.