Chapter 16

Hattie's P.O.V

"Wake up, Hattie!!" Char yells, walking into my room, turning on my light and opening the curtains.

"Nope." I mumble, throwing my pillow at her with all the force I can muster. I hear a thud and Char starting to laugh.

"Your going to have to do better than that." Char says, laughing. I look up and see Char next to me in a millisecond. "Rory is already here and there's coffee downstairs. You have an hour to get ready." Then she does that running thing that Daxton can do and runs out of my room with my pillow in her arms.

"At least leave the pillow!" I yell as Char leaves, laughing. "Great! Why does my sister steal my pillow?" I mumble to myself as I turn on Spotify and start to play my morning playlist.

  Just a young gun with a quick fuse
I was uptight, wanna let loose
I was dreaming of bigger things
And wanna leave my own life behind
Not a yes sir, not a follower
Fit the box, fit the mold
Have a seat in the foyer, take a number
I was lightning before the thunder 

I rummage through my closet till I come across a white crop top that says 'mermaid academy'. I pair it with faded high waist jean shorts. I throw my hair into a fishtail side braid and lace up my black high top vans. I put on mascara and call that good. Grabbing my purse and I walk out of my room.

I walk down the stairs and grab my favorite travel mug. It has the Starbucks logo on it that's in pink. I pour coffee in it along with vanilla creamer.

I take a long sip then ask. "Are leaving soon?"

"Yeah." Char says, laughing.

"What?" I ask, defensively. "Your a grouch when I have to wake you up." 

"Not as much as you are." Char shoots back. "I mean you threw a pillow at me!"

"You made the mistake of waking me up!" I reply, defending myself.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" Rory says, waving her hands getting our attention. "Let's not kill each other yet, okay?"

"Fine." I mumble, crossing my arms.

"Okay." Char replies, sticking her tongue out at me.

"Hey! Wa-"

"Hattie, Char, get in the car now." Rory says, in a mom tone. Pointing in the direct of the car.

"Yes, Rory." We reply like childs that have gotten in trouble. Slowly we walk to the car. I tried the thing that Daxton can do so I can get shotgun.

I started to run and in an instance I was at the car door. Quickly I get in and buckle up.

"Hattie!!!" Char whines as she opens the back door. "You cheated that's not fair!!"

"Anything is fair in the game of love and war." I reply, smoothly.

"You suck." Char mumbles buckling up.

"Geez, Char! That's a little harsh." Rory chimes, turning on the car. "She's your sister after all."

"But she got shotgun and I wanted it!" She whines, crossing her arms.