Chapter 4

Hattie's P.O.V

Arriving to Char's gymnastics school, I grab a seat and turn on my phone, it's a I phone X and go to instagram and start scrolling through my feed.

"Hey." I hear a voice say, looking up I see it's that dude, Daxton that starting becoming friends with Char or really flirting the other day.

"Hi." I answer, quietly, puting down my phone and turning it off.

"Are you Char's older sister?" He asks, sitting down. I know he already knows that answer, but I think he wants to start a conversion.

"Yes and you are?" I ask a little meaner than I met but I felt a little hurt, but I don't know why?

"I'm Cassie's older brother, Daxton. What's your name?" He asks as Char walks up to me, she's zipping up her purple gymnastics jacket.

"Harriet but call me Hattie, everyone does." I answer, smiling getting up and walking over to Char. She's talking to Cassie, Cassie just moved here a few weeks ago and joined the gymnastics team.

"Hey, jumpin' bean ready to go?" I ask as I get up to her.

"Yeah and can Cassie spend the night?" Char asks, doing her puppy dog eyes.

"Sure, why not? Mom and Dad are gone on a business trip." I answer. "But is it okay with her mom and dad?" I ask as it comes to mind.

"Yeah, I already texted them and they said it was okay." Cassie answers, looking up from her phone screen. "But do I need to get clothes?" She aks, looking at Char.

"No, our parents are rich so we can just go out and buy some clothes and pajamas." I answer, most people know our parents are rich but it's hard because some people want to be friends for the money and nice life than it be for the friendship that Cassie and I want.

"Sweet!" Cassie cheers and both girls race to my car, laughing the whole way.

"Thanks for letting Cassie come over." I hear and turn around to see that Daxton is still here.

"Yeah, your welcome." I answer and turn to follow the screaming girls to my car, but he grabs my wrist and I feel sparks and gasp. Daxton smirks like he knows something.

"Hey, I know this sounds crazy, but will you go on a date with me?" Daxton asks, nervously, biting his lip. What do I say? If I say no will he hate me? Well here goes nothing.

"Um sure, I'd love to." I answer, looking at my feet. Then I feel arms wrap around me in a hug, sparks were everywhere.

"Thank you." He said, looking me in the eyes, his icy blue eyes staring into my dark brown ones.

"Your welcome." I answer, inhailing his intoxicating smell of pine and fresh rain. "Well I need to get going." I add.

"Oh, yeah, s-sorry." Daxton stutters, looking at his feet, blushing. I smile to myself think that I know a way to make him blush more.

"Bye." I call and get on my tip toes and kiss his cheek. Leaving him shocked with my pale pink lipstick on his cheek.

-----

"So what were you and Dax talking about?" Char asks me as we browse the aisles at JCpenneys looking for pj's for Cassie and anything that we think we need or want.

"He asked me out on a da-"

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" Char says, jumping up and down, squealing with Cassie.

"Wait, did you says yes?" Cassie asks, looking scared for some reason, giving me the feeling that if I didn't say yes that she would be scared for her life.

"I said-"

"Just say it already!" Char crys, throwing her hands up.

"Well I said yes because he seems nice and for the thrill because you know this Char. I've never been on a date or had a boyfriend." I utter and with that it looked like Cassie paled and almost fell down.

"Wow, I didn't think that you would never have had a boyfriend before." Cassie says.

"Yeah, me too." Char says, looking surpised.

"You did know, idiot." I answer, smacking her upside the head.

"Ow!" Char says, rubbing the back of her head.

"Um, Hattie." I hear Cassie say, I turn around to look at her. "I found pj's and clothes for tomorrow." 

"Okay, good, let's go check out." I answer and we all walk up to the check out counter.

"Just this girls?" The cashier asks, nicely.

"Yes, Ma'am." I answer, sweetly.

"255 dollars, please." The cashier says and I hand her my dedit card.

"Thank you for shopping at Penney's." She says, handing us our stuff and my debit card.

"Thanks, Hattie." Cassie says as we walk to my car.

A.N

Lalalala I don't know how to do these things!

Love ya,

Shelby