Chapter 8

Daxton's P.O.V

Laying in bed tonight I notice how much I need Hattie. I haven't told her that she was asleep for a week, but I don't think she would care.

Hattie is in her room, it's connected to mine so I can keep a eye on her, right now she is reading a book on her bed, a small smile plays on her lips.

Cole stomps into my room, you can see in his dark blue eyes that's he's angry with me.

"Why did you tell me about your mate?" Cole asks me, I close my book and set it down next to me.

"Because little bro you would tell everyone and mom hasn't killed me yet about not telling her." I answer slowly as Cole sits down on my bed.

'Soon to be our bed with Hattie.' Rocco whistles in my head.

'Shut up.' I mutter to him as he laughs, I hope I'm not blushing.

"You know mom is going to kill you when she finds out you didn't tell her first." Cole says, giving me a look.

When we were younger mom said she would kill us if we didn't tell her first about our mates, with me being the only one in family on sibling to find there mate. I expect mom to put me in sliver chains to make up for it.

"DAXTON!!! GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!" I hear my mom yell loudly. "BRING YOUR MATE TOO!!" She adds.

I can see Cole laughing, I send him a death glare and he shuts up, looking scared.

"Dax, what was that about?" I hear and see Hattie walking into my room, rubbing her eyes. She was asleep when mom yelled at me. Her little frame looked so cute in her pj's.

"Mom wants us for something." I answer scupping her up in my arms, feeling the familiar sparks.

"Alright." She whispers and I see her eyes close and her head rest on my chest.

"Daxton, it's not fair that you found your mate." Cole says, crossing his arms.

"Cole, if I remember correctly you haven't shifted yet." I answer, smugly.

"Fine, but when I shift, I want to find my mate, fast." Cole says, smirking.

"Good luck with that." I answer, looking over at Cole's shocked face.

"Why?" He asks as we walk out of my room, toward the stairs.

"It took me two years and Dad it took four years." I answer, walking down the stairs trying not to wake Hattie up, that is sleeping on my chest.

"Oh." Cole says, quietly and we walk the rest of the way in silence.

"Daxton, honey why didn't you tell me about your mate?" Mom asks as I walk into the den.

"Well, first off I wanted to find her and have her get used to me before I told her all that other stuff." I answer, sitting down in the empty chair, Hattie snuggles closer to me.

"She seemed to take it pretty well." Dad says, sitting down next to mom in the love seat and they share a kiss.

"Yeah, I guess she did." I say, quietly to myself, thinking back on how she didn't freak out and run away.

'Well she kinda did when she saw us.' Rocco says, sadly.

'Rocco, did you forget we're a Alpha so that's going to scare her.' I answer, trying to reassure my wolf.

'I guess, but if your lying-'

'I know, I know.' I answer, interrupting my wolf, laughing.