Chapter 10

Hattie P.O.V

"We're losing her! We're losing her!"

"Charge paddles to 200."

"Ready?"

"Clear."

"She's still in V-fib. Charge again."

"Ready?"

"Clear."

Daxton P.O.V

I'm pacing around my room. I can't stand to be in there while they work on my mate. I let her get hurt, it's my fault.

'Come on Dax, it's not.' Rocco says, trying to reason with me. 'But it is kind of because if she didn't catch you sucking Gabby's face she wouldn't be in surgery right now.'

'Why do you keep bring that up?' I shoot back. 'It's not like I killed her.'

'But your killing her heart and eventually she'll learn about rejection because of the wolf a- in her head. I've talked to her and she knows the Gabby situation is all you.' He says.

'Why'd you tell her wolf that?' I growl at him, angrily.

'Because I can and her wolf and I are on excellent terms, Mr. Big Bad Alpha.'  He replies, gleefully.

'Well thanks for the boost of confidence, Rocco.' I retort back, sarcastically.

'Anytime.' He replies.

'Now who do you think hurt her?' I ask him, getting back down to business.

'It wasn't us.' Rocco says, quietly. Trying to connect the dots. 'Who else was there?'

'Gabby.' I answer, quietly. 'She was there.'

'Maybe Gabby was the one that hurt mate.' Rocco tell me.

A door shutting gets my attention. It was Gabby. She limps over to me and trips. I immediately bend down and catch her without thinking.

"Oh, I knew you loved me and not that human you call your mate." Gabby says, smoothly.

"What did you just say." I whisper, dangerous quiet.

"I knew you loved me and not that human you call your mate." She repeats, confidentially.

"What did you do, Gabby?" I ask, growling lowly.

"When you we're wrapped up in your thoughts. I sliced her leg and stomach with a sliver knife. I tried to cut her head off, but her f*cking wolf was too strong." Gabby replies, smirking to herself.

"Your the reason my mate is hurt!" I yell at her, growling loudly.

"Y-yes." She stutters, backing away. She starts become aware of what she done.

"She is laying in a hospital bed right now because of you." I growl. "She could be dead for all I know."

"I didn't know you cared about the b*tch." She replies, softly. If a human was listening they wouldn't be able to hear her, but I'm a wolf so I can.

"If I ever catch you disrespecting the Luna of this pack again. I will personally banish you from this pack." I yell, loudly. "Do you understand that?"

"Yes, Alpha." She replies, softly. Sticking her neck out in surrender.

I light knock comes from the door. I turn around and see it's one of the nurses.

"Alpha." She says, bowing her head in respect. "Your mate is about to wake up, I thought you would like to be there."

"Yes, I will." I reply, my eyes not leaving Gabby. "Be there in a second.