Chapter 19

Drea sat in her english class, trying to focus on the lesson, but she wasn’t really getting anywhere. It was hard to just sit there and pretend that the biggest problem in her life was the test she’d have. The fact that she fought the Lori and that she was the Weaponsmaster gave her new perspective of the world. Suddenly her problems weren’t as important as they used to be.

            You’ve grown quite a lot, Zen said proudly. You have the mindset of a true hero.

            Drea sighed. I wish that were true.

            Are you alright?

            Yeah… I just feel like I’m wasting time. My brother was killed because I had no idea about what I was. It’s been six years and I still barely know what I’m doing.

            Zen was quiet for some time, letting her think in peace. Then he said something unexpected, If you want to do some training quickly, I can pull you into your subconscious for a little while. It’ll look like your sleeping.

            Drea knew what she wanted even before he finished. Yes. I need to know how to be the Weaponsmaster.

            Very well. She had her head propped up in her hands as her vision changed. She lost all feeling of her body as she entered the forest. It was foggy this time. Korena stood by one of the trees, but Shawn wasn’t around. Zen stayed in her instead of materializing.

            “Why are you in such a rush Andrea?” Korena seemed surprised to be there. Couldn’t blame her.

            “I just feel like I need to know what to do. I need to be strong so I can protect everyone.” For the first time in what seemed like so long, Drea’s eyes shone with unrelenting determination. She actually felt ready.  

            “Alright,” said Korena. “Then let’s practice creating weapons.”

            Korena stood beside her, keeping a close eye on her throughout the training. Drea continued to think of new weapons, redirecting the aura into her hands many times. Each time, a new one appeared and she would swing it a few times to remember it.

            “Now try letting aura loose in both hands,” Korena said. “Then you can form two-handed weapons.”

            Drea did as instructed, thinking of a double scythe. When it appeared out of the fire, two beautiful scythes were in her hands. Their black handles were connected by chains to her arms with the sliver-black blades shining beautifully. Drea hadn’t thought of the detail of this weapon, but she was glad it had appeared. She threw it a few times, using the chain to pull it back. It was a magnificent weapon.

            “Now try a new one,” Korena instructed.

            Drea was reluctant to release the aura, but she did, making the weapon disappear in a rush of flames. Then she sent more out, but directed it to her whole hand by accident. Before she could stop it, her black fingerless gloves had turned to gauntlets with small spikes sitting on the knuckles.

Korena came over to her. “Ah, what a special weapon. This relies on the skills you have with physical fighting, and because of that, is not used by many. It may come in handy to you sometime though.”

            Drea loved the feel of the gloves on her hands. She threw a few punches and watched the energy emanated off them. They were completely different than any other weapon she’d tried and piqued her interest. She was about to make them disappear when she felt her breath catch in her chest and fell to her knees, holding her head.